Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash Pad Shedding

3gInOc

Question

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please move is necessary.

After my son destroyed my previous wash pad cleaning his skate board. I had to break out my back up. (I got 2 for Christmas :rockon:) After washing my car i threw it in the washing machine. It was all good till I pulled it out of the dryer. It shed all over my plush blues. The pad beaded up all over. I thought maybe I dried it on high heat but the low tumble setting was pushed in.

Has any one else had this problem? I don't believe I did anything different care wise from my previous pad. I picked all the beads of and it appears to be fine. But I am a little apprehensive using it to wash my car.

19 answers to this question

It shed all over my plush blues.

The wash pad isn't made of the same material as the towels, so you should wash and dry them separately to avoid this. If you think the wash pad or towels are ruined, just call up and they can sort you out :2thumbs:

The wash pad isn't made of the same material as the towels, so you should wash and dry them separately to avoid this. If you think the wash pad or towels are ruined, just call up and they can sort you out :2thumbs:

BINGO! You don't want to wash the Wash Pad in the washer, period. Drying it in the dryer is one step worse, and that heat can cause the poly-fibers of the wash pad to actually melt.

That's not as important as it is to NEVER wash Microfiber Towels with terry towels, wash pads, or anything other than Microfiber Towels.

Please try to wash the towels again, in HOT water, and if they don't come back to perfect, let me know and we'll replace them. Same with the Wash Pad.

Sorry we didn't include better washing instructions with the towels and/or Wash Pad!

See these videos:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBfrtniv9E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBfrtniv9E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-Adam:thumbsup:

BINGO! You don't want to wash the Wash Pad in the washer, period. Drying it in the dryer is one step worse, and that heat can cause the poly-fibers of the wash pad to actually melt.

-Adam:thumbsup:

I wasn't sure how to wash it so i referenced your site before I did. Your site says its ok to throw it in the washer & dryer. :cheers: Can you believe it? i actually read the instructions!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-83-adams-professional-wash-pad.aspx

post-159-13681800787_thumb.jpg

I always wash my pads, but never put them in the dryer, its not like they need to be dry anyways! I had a friend wash his his rims which were covered in hotshine tire dressing and my washpad was BLACK. I had to wash them 3 times but they are as good as new now.

I wasn't sure how to wash it so i referenced your site before I did. Your site says its ok to throw it in the washer & dryer. :cheers: Can you believe it? i actually read the instructions!

[ATTACH]2157[/ATTACH]

:iagree: I was going to say the site told him to wash it like that.

I followed those directions too and ended up with fibers all over my other MF and the pad beaded up. I spent a good bit of time pulling the fibers out of my MF stuff. Now it gets washed with my regular laundry towels and dry on low heat for only a few min by it's self (it dries fast) then I put my regular laundry in. It's never been as good as new but it still works.

Edited by Devin04

I can't believe you guys are washing MF and wash pads in the same load... I have 3 different loads just for my microfiber.

1 load for my plush blue and drying towels

1 load for my cheapy mf that gets used for dirty jobs

1 load for my MF applicator pads

I hand wash my triple white towel just to ensure it doesn't end up with any kind of cross contamination. I'd never dream of putting them all in the same load along with a wash pad. Guess I'm just crazy

I can't believe you guys are washing MF and wash pads in the same load... I have 3 different loads just for my microfiber.

1 load for my plush blue and drying towels

1 load for my cheapy mf that gets used for dirty jobs

1 load for my MF applicator pads

I hand wash my triple white towel just to ensure it doesn't end up with any kind of cross contamination. I'd never dream of putting them all in the same load along with a wash pad. Guess I'm just crazy

Nope, entirely sane!

I wash the MF and wash pads together, but let wash pad air dry (not in drier). So far no problem....However, recently noticed inside of windows after wiping with MF seem to have fuzz and stringy looking fiber on them ????:willy:

Imagine if this is on inside window glass it is likely on exterior paint although haven't noticed it. Next wash will experiment and if mf leaves stuff on window will thro it away

I too washed the pads with my MF after reading that on the website. Good to know I shouldnt be. How do you people that wash the pads by hand get all the dirt stuck to them out? I try to knock it on the grit guard in the wash bucket to get it off before I wash the pad but it still seems to hold on to a lot.

[ATTACH]2157[/ATTACH]

Wow, did I blow it! Whoops! Well, how about we send you replacements, as clearly, this it not the way to go?

Please email us: team@adamspolishes.com and we'll get you setup with new goods.

Thanks, sorry!:bow:

That sucks! I say you put a card in every order explaining the correct way to clean your products when said products are ordered.

Cheap and will probably solve 99% of the issues of cleaning these wrong.

That sucks! I say you put a card in every order explaining the correct way to clean your products when said products are ordered.

Cheap and will probably solve 99% of the issues of cleaning these wrong.

Ya I learned the hard way