Customer Service 866.965.0400

Holy Cow!!

KrazyTrain

Question

Ok thought i would share this with you guys. A detailing shop offered to do a free demonstration on how to detail your car for one of the clubs im in. I usually do not go to these because i am pretty set with the info i get from you guys and with the way im doing things.

First of all they only washed the car (no 2 buckets, no grit gaurd :D)and didnt do any polishing or correction. Second, he told us to use a brush to make fancy lines in the carpet so it looked like it had been detailed :lolsmack: and finally i asked him about his rags and this is what he uses

608039404_XYA7e-M.jpg

So i guess my question would be am i doing something wrong or is this the wrong way to do things? Needless to say we went to Hooters after that i think i have more people wanting to Buy Adams and want me to do a clinic for them. :D Chaulk it up to yet another one for Adams :thumbsup:

The guy then went on to tell me that the only time they suggest using a buffer is on light colored cars like white or grey and only does dark colored cars like black and blue by hand :willy:

19 answers to this question

Some people will fall for it and obviously they do. Kinda like when you take your car to the car wash to have it waxed...they do a crap job...that's why I only touch my car and it will sit dirty in my garage before a car wash ever touches it

+1! And that guy calls himself a detailer? :loser:

Yeah he said he had been detailing cars for 20+ years :help:

The only problem im having is he had some product made by a local company and everyone wanted to run out and get some because it is local???? I got a email from the club i was there with and they have the company coming to our meeting on Thursday night to sell some product to everyone, i need to figure out a way to get them to not buy and come over to Adams, guess i got my work cut out for me.

Has anyone heard of dying the seats on a car when you cant get the dirt clean, the detail guy had a spray can of what he called dye?? he cleaned the seats and when the marks didnt come off he sprayed them with this stuff and they disapeared???? seems like he had something that was just covering up dirt.

Im working on a detail clinic here in St Louis for the end of September that may even include a visit from the ever popular and infamous Junkman but im afraid im going to loose some of these people, its going to suck when they spend the money on this stuff and then have to turn around and throw it away and replace it with Adams :thumbsup:

Yeah he said he had been detailing cars for 20+ years :help:

The only problem im having is he had some product made by a local company and everyone wanted to run out and get some because it is local???? I got a email from the club i was there with and they have the company coming to our meeting on Thursday night to sell some product to everyone, i need to figure out a way to get them to not buy and come over to Adams, guess i got my work cut out for me.

Has anyone heard of dying the seats on a car when you cant get the dirt clean, the detail guy had a spray can of what he called dye?? he cleaned the seats and when the marks didnt come off he sprayed them with this stuff and they disapeared???? seems like he had something that was just covering up dirt.

Im working on a detail clinic here in St Louis for the end of September that may even include a visit from the ever popular and infamous Junkman but im afraid im going to loose some of these people, its going to suck when they spend the money on this stuff and then have to turn around and throw it away and replace it with Adams :thumbsup:

I'd come to a clinic here in St. Louis, and meet the Junkman. :2thumbs:

There are some companies that sell dyes for leather seats. I know Swissvax can custom make a batch to match any color.

I'd come to a clinic here in St. Louis, and meet the Junkman. :2thumbs:

There are some companies that sell dyes for leather seats. I know Swissvax can custom make a batch to match any color.

Ill let you know when i get everything squared away :2thumbs:

Hey Steve, how many members are in your club? If it is big enough, we'll get Adam involved and make this happen for sure. :thumbsup:

yep, i talked to Adam last week and he said to discuss it with you thats why you got those PM's :thumbsup:...... We have about 240 members in my St louis club and about 120 members in the illinois club. If we can make it happen i think we might have a good turn out. Im hoping to talk to Adam again this week so i can get some things rollin for september. I should have a answer back this week from the location about water and power. I want to make sure all the car clubs in the St Louis area know about Adams

My goal is to have a big Adams following in this area and run all these other yahoo's out of my town......

Lookin forward to seeing everyone in Carlisle :banana:

I'd definitely be in for a detailing clinic in The Lou. Late September may be tough for me though because of corn harvest but if there is any way at all to be there I'll be there. That is if my lowly supercharged Cobalt is allowed. lol

May I suggest the 12th? That's my class reunion and I would like a good excuse not to go. lol