Who has a clear bra?

Chris@Adams

I do! But you already know that...

I'd say pros are:

No rock chips or paint wear where the bra lays

Doesn't rub the paint like an old school bra does

Pretty well invisible from a few feet away

Cons are:

Still visible and has a bit of orange peel look to it. (not horrible if done right)

One more thing you have to get wax out of. (the line between it and the paint)

It's not cheap. I had a few custom pieces cut and spent 600 bucks on it.

Doesn't last forever (but I'm hoping my Adams keeps it nice longer)

Chris

I've got them on my vehicles and I love them. There really are no cons about them especially when compared to a conventional bra. They offer great protection and are nearly invisible. Mine has no orange peel look, and I can get them to shine basically as well as the paint. As mentioned above if your not careful you can get some product on the edges, but you could always cover an entire panel which is the way to go. Only bad thing is that they are alittle pricey. I will never own a vehicle without putting one on.

I have it on the Vette and love it. Only thing is, on a black car, you can notice the chips a little bit more. But it's been on for 5 years now. Still looks invisible.:thumbsup:

I actually purchased one in the hopes that I'd be able to install it myself. I mean, it seemed simple enough... peel, stick, line up, blow dry, finished. I couldn't have been more wrong! 5 hours later, with sore arms, covered in stickiness from the adhesive, and gritting my teeth in frustration, I stepped back to admire my work.... and ripped that wrinkled, misaligned, sad attempt at a clear bra off of my car. :mad:

I still want one, but I think I'll spend the money for a pro to do it. :loser:

I actually purchased one in the hopes that I'd be able to install it myself. I mean, it seemed simple enough... peel, stick, line up, blow dry, finished. I couldn't have been more wrong! 5 hours later, with sore arms, covered in stickiness from the adhesive, and gritting my teeth in frustration, I stepped back to admire my work.... and ripped that wrinkled, misaligned, sad attempt at a clear bra off of my car. :mad:

I still want one, but I think I'll spend the money for a pro to do it. :loser:

Sorry to here Jeff......:o