Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any Boat tips...

Learo2000GT

Question

I am looking at putting the Adams treatment on my Boat. The boat is in pretty good shape and doesnt have much fadding. Any one have any tips for the process to whip a boat in shape. Should I do the full clay bar, swirl and haze remover, polish and wax process..... Thanks in advance for any tips.... Doug

12 answers to this question

I used revive with a little bit of SHR and an orange pad and went at it. After that I followed up with Americana.

Worked great!

Chris

Edited by Chewy

I am looking at putting the Adams treatment on my Boat. The boat is in pretty good shape and doesnt have much fadding. Any one have any tips for the process to whip a boat in shape. Should I do the full clay bar, swirl and haze remover, polish and wax process..... Thanks in advance for any tips.... Doug

What kind of boat? Generally speaking you don't need to clay bar boats unless it gets towed a long ways. I clayed like 10 sq ft on the side of my boat and the clay wasn't picking anything up. S&H will probably finish you down just fine as gel coat is very hard but some FMP won't hurt a thing. The MSW is great on boats.

Where are you in WA?

Sorry about the bad pic...

Edited by Superdutytd

Thanks guys... Its a cape cruiser (C-Dory) It is in a boat house (down in tacoma area shane). Its in good shape just was looking at using the adams products instead of collinites that I usually use. I have a ton of the adams products I use on my lightning and srt8 jeep so I wanted to give it a go.... Love the stuff just was not sure of the process. So should I do the complete boat in swirl and haze, then machine poilish and wax ?

Thanks Doug

Thanks guys... Its a cape cruiser (C-Dory) It is in a boat house (down in tacoma area shane). Its in good shape just was looking at using the adams products instead of collinites that I usually use. I have a ton of the adams products I use on my lightning and srt8 jeep so I wanted to give it a go.... Love the stuff just was not sure of the process. So should I do the complete boat in swirl and haze, then machine poilish and wax ?

Thanks Doug

Yes. What collinite products were you using on it?

Edited by Superdutytd

All of Adams products are void of silicon so all are good on gelcoat. No worries of making it yellow.

Taking of Friday to use the Correct Craft... Doing some wake boarding, skiing, and knee boarding.

Do you think the regualr machine polish and wax will stand up as long as a paste wax, IE Americana or collonites....

So should I do swirl and hase and then machine polish over the top then remove and wax? My boat is in a boat house 24/7 on the water and is exposed to salt water so I dont have sun beating on it all day but the salt water can do a pounding.. Thanks in advance for the advise guys. Just want to do it right the first time and not waste my efforts or come up short.....

Doug

I'd use a bit of SHR with a majority of Revive on the Orange pad and then on to a gray pad and SMW and then 12 or 24 hours later cover with Americana.

I'm VERY impressed with Americana.

I'd use a bit of SHR with a majority of Revive on the Orange pad and then on to a gray pad and SMW and then 12 or 24 hours later cover with Americana.

I'm VERY impressed with Americana.

I've actually heard that FMP is SHR mixed with revive? I would also put on MSW then wait 24 hours then do a coat of americana.