Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Flash Dont Lie

KodiakBlack

Question

14 answers to this question

You'll get better looking results if you follow SHR with FMP. Give it a try and yes, the flash never lies. :2thumbs:

what speeds should i be using for SHR and Polishing. I was working the SHR at 5 for a little while, then kicked it down to 3 to work it in better. For the Polish I used speed setting 6 most of the time. should i be going slower? and how much better will FMP work than Revive?

what speeds should i be using for SHR and Polishing.

It depends on which way you are working the polisher. In my "slow cut" videos, I was letting the polisher do all the work. In the videos where I was doing most of the work, I was applying a lot of pressure and working SHR at a speed of 6. It also depends on how hard the clear coat is. I like to always start with SHR at a speed of 5 using 9-14 pounds of pressure. This allows both the polisher and I to work evenly. I don't get tired as easy and the polisher doesn't get as hot. It's a nice trade off and a good place to start.

I was working the SHR at 5 for a little while, then kicked it down to 3 to work it in better.

The only way you are going to get a PC to do any work on a setting of three with SHR is to use absolutely no pressure at all. Any other way is a waste of time.

For the Polish I used speed setting 6 most of the time. should i be going slower? and how much better will FMP work than Revive?

With FMP, you should go no faster than 5, light pressure. The reason for using FMP is to clean up the damage that the orange pad and SHR do in the first place. This damage is hard to see on most colors (next to impossible to see on white), but very evident on black. FMP not only cleans up this damage but adds depth back to the color once applied. Revive is a step after FMP and on a black car, I will sometimes follow FMP with Revive.

Edited by Junkman2008

It depends on which way you are working the polisher. In my "slow cut" videos, I was letting the polisher do all the work. In the videos where I was doing most of the work, I was applying a lot of pressure and working SHR at a speed of 6. It also depends on how hard the clear coat is. I like to always start with SHR at a speed of 5 using 9-14 pounds of pressure. This allows both the polisher and I to work evenly. I don't get tired as easy and the polisher doesn't get as hot. It's a nice trade off and a good place to start.

The only way you are going to get a PC to do any work on a setting of three with SHR is to use absolutely no pressure at all. Any other way is a waste of time.

With FMP, you should go no faster than 5, light pressure. The reason for using FMP is to clean up the damage that the orange pad and SHR do in the first place. This damage is hard to see on most colors (next to impossible to see on white), but very evident on black. FMP not only cleans up this damage but adds depth back to the color once applied. Revive is a step after FMP and on a black car, I will sometimes follow FMP with Revive.

alright! thanks for the advice. im gonna watch some of your videos again to freshen my mind on how to correctly do this too!

Edited by Junkman2008