Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's carnuba on top of Zaino

Solobaric

Question

Hey guys! Been reading some great things about Adam's products on the net. I'd like to know if anyone has tried an Adam's carnuba on top of Zaino? I really don't want to strip all the Zaino off my car but have read other places that a good carnuba compliments it quite well. Thanks!

20 answers to this question

Ditto, I would try the Americana on top of the Zaino. I was going to do that on the Z but I didn't want the hassle of using Zaino again. It is the best polymer polish I have used, but it is just too much of a hassle to use it.

Ditto, I would try the Americana on top of the Zaino. I was going to do that on the Z but I didn't want the hassle of using Zaino again. It is the best polymer polish I have used, but it is just too much of a hassle to use it.

:iagree: Put it on top for now. When you feel like you are ready for a clay and a full detail skip the Zaino and go with the Adams stuff. Zaino is a good product but man is it hard to work with.

Shhhh dont tell anyone but my vette has about 13 coats of zaino under all the Adams and it shines like you wouldnt believe. In the fall i am doing a full clay and detail and there will no longer be any zaino in my garage :thumbsup:

...It is the best polymer polish I have used, but it is just too much of a hassle to use it.

Perhaps you should try the Adam's Machine SuperWax, which is actually a sealant, and then follow on with a nice layer of Americana?

I have, it doesn't compare to the full Zaino treatment. MSW adds a solid layer that doesn't last as long or have the depth that Zaino does.

..but that is what Americana is for and it takes about 6 hours less to apply. lol

I have, it doesn't compare to the full Zaino treatment. MSW adds a solid layer that doesn't last as long or have the depth that Zaino does.

..but that is what Americana is for and it takes about 6 hours less to apply. lol

The only thing I know of that is going to last longer than MSW is a 100% sealer like KSG or the such.

Thats what i did on my car and it looks great. My car was always shiny with the Z but after the Americana it looks amazing and deep and wet and shiny. I have a bulk of Zaino since i used it before i found adams so its gotta get used up. My thing is that my one and only car gets parked out side 24/7 and get the grunt of Michigan winters so i wanted the durablity and longevity of sealant. Under that glow of adams. So i say DD heck ya do it. Show car/ weekend ride experiment.

Thats what i did on my car and it looks great. My car was always shiny with the Z but after the Americana it looks amazing and deep and wet and shiny. I have a bulk of Zaino since i used it before i found adams so its gotta get used up. My thing is that my one and only car gets parked out side 24/7 and get the grunt of Michigan winters so i wanted the durablity and longevity of sealant. Under that glow of adams. So i say DD heck ya do it. Show car/ weekend ride experiment.

Thanks GXP! I have too much Z to throw away as well. Do you reapply z on top of Americana? Or strip it everytime?

Ive only had Americana since mid July so Ive only done it once. I for that I put 2 coats right over the Z and it turned the shine into a wet deep shine (if that makes sense). I recently did some touch up painting so alot of areas have been stripped. So naturally im gonna take the rest off and start from scratch my plan is to lay down some z for the longevity and put Americana as the top coat for the deep glow. As i stated before my car gets harsh winter and i dont have an open heated garage to reapply mid winter so i am hoping to once the americana breaks down ill still have the Z there to protect.

Thanks GXP! I have too much Z to throw away as well. Do you reapply z on top of Americana? Or strip it everytime?

It tends to be a losing proposition if you alternate layers like that so I'd say maintain Americana as your LSP if you're going to continue to use your current products until they're gone.

People have been layering higher quality carnubas over a base of Z for awhile with pretty decent results. Its a kin to layering Americana over MSW... in any event just have fun and experiment with it a little.

I can't even imagine what the Americana is like... I already think the Machine Wax is as good as it gets. When use with the PC and Adam's microfiber towels, I haven't seen anything that even comes close.

It's like VRT for your paint!

I've used Zaino too. It's what I used before using Adams. I remember I was very impressed with what Zaino did the first time I used it but I was moving up from Turtle Wax, Meguiars, ect. Jumping from Zaino to Adams was less of a difference because they are competing at a higher level. I've yet to do a side by side because I put my Zaino away and don't feel like mixing it up and doing all the work of striping the finish and applying it. I bet you could layer the Adam's paste wax over Zaino with great results but I don't have any first hand experience, and every finish is different. Let us know what happens. I'm curious to know.

Well I did some some touch up work a month ago and had to strip the protection off so i decided to test. this is 2 coats of Z 1 of Americana. Im impressed. It rained twice after this pic and a friend still said it looked amazing. Since its my only car out in the elements 24/ 7 i think ill stick to this technic for the winter month protection. It now has 2 coats of AMAZICANA! Not trying to advertise for competitors but Like stated before I spent alot on the Z before i found Adams and i need the longevity with the Adams glow!

P8250689.jpg