Customer Service 866.965.0400

New intake for the Taco.

rb11701

Got my hands on the TRD CAI kit for realy cheap. Way too good to pass up. Even if I don't like it, I will always get my money back at the very least. Anyhows.. here are some pics:

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6012.jpg

Verditct is still out whether I am keeping it in or not. Depends on how the MPG comes back after a full tank goes through it. RPMS seem lower in my city driving, which could result in a good thing. Above 1800K or so, I feel like I might have a crisper response. Could be all butt-dyno too. Sound is either growing on me or diminishing as the ECU relearns my driving.

Anyways, thanks for looking as always!

sweet...I have the same setup in my Taco...Im about to buy the TRD exhaust, but I cant swallow paying for the shipping of it. You should post back if you see any improvement in MPGs. I know that I have not seen one bit of difference despite the claims you'll see all over the place about CAIs.

Once a full take goes through it I should have a good idea. Most likely it is just placebo that I am feeling. But RPM are most definately lower when I am going around town. I find it east to punch it to get some response out of the intake which could lead me to less mpg. I try to keep it around 2k for most driving situations.

As for the exhaust, why not just go with a muffler? I was looking at the Aero Turbine 2525XL. That comes with a resonator to keep the noise close to stock. The 2525 will be louder. DynoMax makes a nice muffler for our trucks.