Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need some advise on paint touch up.

SRT8U

Question

I just purchased a Torch Red Dodge Charger SRT8 and noticed several pin size chips in the paint to the undercoat. Is there a way to use some red touch up paint and buff it out? I also have lots of fine swirls.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Bill

14 answers to this question

Hi Bill, there is a process that I found to be effective. It's not easy, not at all. The company is called Langka.

Check out www.Langka.com.

The company and product was brought to my attention by our friend and customer, John in Nampa, Idaho, who used it on his red Corvette ZR-1.

Chips are a bummer, and a clear-film type bra is a good way to avoid additional chips.

Swirls, now that's where we come in. I have videos, you can read testimonials all over the forum, and the Famous Junkman has many videos on removing swirls.

Thanks for joining, congrats on your car, and we'll be happy to help in the swirl removal and paint perfection category!

My $0.02. -Adam;)

Hi Bill, there is a process that I found to be effective. It's not easy, not at all. The company is called Langka.

Check out www.Langka.com.

The company and product was brought to my attention by our friend and customer, John in Nampa, Idaho, who used it on his red Corvette ZR-1.

Chips are a bummer, and a clear-film type bra is a good way to avoid additional chips.

Swirls, now that's where we come in. I have videos, you can read testimonials all over the forum, and the Famous Junkman has many videos on removing swirls.

Thanks for joining, congrats on your car, and we'll be happy to help in the swirl removal and paint perfection category!

My $0.02. -Adam;)

Adam,

Thanks for the advice. Much Appreciated.

Bill:)

You also might want to check out something called Dr. Colorchip. A member here used it with impressive results. I have been thinking about getting a kit for my Maxima.

Thanks Mike I just order some. Looks like the real deal.

Bill

Bummer on the rock chips. Those are hard to avoid.

My husband always reminds me not to drive so close to the person in front of me just for that very reason.

I see you have a Miata (me too 97) Charger (me too 08) Vette (I had 73, 78, 82, 90) Boy do I love my toys.

:burnout:

Bill

Want to buy some ATVs or some gokarts??? My daughter's told me that I have to grow up soon. :lolsmack::lolsmack:

There are some things that we never out grow and one is our passion for cars and keeping them looking great:thumbsup:

Thanks Mike I just order some. Looks like the real deal.

Bill

If you get the opportunity it would be great it you posted some before and afters with that. I'm thinking about getting it...or just buying a new ride. :2thumbs:

My daughter's told me that I have to grow up soon. :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Teresa. My daughter told me the same thing many times.

My answer was always the same. "I have to get old. I DON'T have to grow up." :lol:

She finally gave up and got me this Tshirt for my birthday 11 years ago. Still true today.

MtT-Shirt.jpg

If you get the opportunity it would be great it you posted some before and afters with that. I'm thinking about getting it...or just buying a new ride. :2thumbs:

I sure will post before and after pix for you.