Customer Service 866.965.0400

Education needed on "Absorber"

J_F250

Question

7 answers to this question

I was just wondering the exact same thing about 5 minutes ago when I got finished drying my car. (Just sat down to take a break before I hit the car with the DS and I thought I'd check out the forum :D). I havent gotten to order one of Adam's MF towels yet so I've been using my "Absorber". It seems to do a good job of picking up water, but I'm not too comfortable with dragging it across the paint because it seems to want to stick. Kinda anxious to hear what the pros think about it.

I have both as well actually 2 absorbers and 1 adams drying towel. Pretty much i think that without the weave shape it makes it easier to scratch the paint if it picks up a contaminent . i use one absorber on my wheels...other on the glass white weave towel on paint

ive tried the absorber before without much issue. I don't have a waffle weave Adams towel but I do have a waffle weave towel that I bought at autozone a while ago and I like it alot better.

Wait till you try an Adam's MF product...

I use Absorbers on my dogs. Sucks the water right out of their fur.

Also have used them on the boats and years ago on the cars but they always left a little something behind.

When you're drying a 45 foot boat, towels are OUT of the question. When you're drying several big boats in a day then it's TOTALLY out of the question. The Absorber was my #1 choice.

Chris

I use an absorber when my towel is dirty. Works fine on my black. I never noticed it scratching or streaking. But then again, I always follow up with detail spray...........never just dry and go.

The risk of the Absorber is that it has no nap so if there was something on the paint it could get trapped and scratch.

It is like the grit guard and all about reducing the chances for swirls. You can get safe washes without one. If you have a good wash / rinse technqiue then using an Clean Absorber is less risky.