Customer Service 866.965.0400

BMW 330 detail

Team Adam's

I've been slacking on getting jobs posted here to the forums so I made sure I had the camera handy for this little job. The car came to me as a referral from a friend. Overall the car wasn't TOO bad on the outside, some fairly average swirls, the rims (as seems to be the case on all BMW's) were hidden under a caked on layer of brake dust, the interior was REALLY rough.

Some before shots of the really bad areas:

rszdc0803.jpg

rszdc0804.jpg

rszdc0805.jpg

Started out on the interior since thats what the owner was most concerned about getting cleaned up. There were some really nasty stains on the floor mats and the leather/dash/trim had never seen any kind of conditioning :(

Did a test strip of Adams Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner + Carpet Brush + Extractor. I'd say this is a pretty dramatic improvement :2thumbs:

rszdc0802.jpg

rszdc0801.jpg

Finished the floor mats, shampood and extracted the rest of the interior, cleaned all the panels using Leather and Interior Cleaner, Brilliant spray glaze on the wood trim, Leather Conditioner on the seats and all the other panels.

rszdc0819.jpg

Next I treated the engine bay to a 1:1 Adams APC spray down, scrubbed with a boars hair brush, rinsed and let the engine idle and dry itself out. Wiped down the remaining wet spots, detail sprayed what I could and used a 3:1 mixture of VRT in a sprayer to dress everything. There were some painted spots where it had begun to oxidize, figured it wasn't worth the effort of polishing, but again, another pretty big turn around:

rszdc0807.jpg

rszdc0808.jpg

Washed with Adams Car Soap

Clayed with Adams Claybar + Detail Spray

Rewashed with Adams Car Soap

Dryed with Great White Drying Towels + Detail Spray

Treated all the trim to a healthy coat of VRT

1 Pass over the entire car with SHR + Orange pad @ 6000opm

1 Pass over the entire car with FMP + White pad @ 6000opm

Did all the hard to reach areas, door handles, etc by hand using SHR + Revive

Followed the polishing with a Waterless Wash wipe down

Topped off the job with 2 coats of Buttery Wax and buffed with True Blue MF towels.

Hit the glass inside and out with Adams glass cleaner and delivered the car back to a very happy customer. ;)

rszdc0811.jpg

rszdc0813.jpg

rszdc0814.jpg

rszdc0815.jpg

rszdc0817.jpg

rszdc0821.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

Just curious whyd you use BW instead of MSW or APW?

Customer wanted nice depth and gloss, but was on a budget so time was a factor as the longer I work on the car the higher the price gets. I can apply 2 coats of BW in the same amount of time it'd take me to apply and wait for MSW to cure... then theres the post removal wipe down, etc.... theres more to a MSW treatment than a BW so its just a matter of time invested.

I charge more for APW for time consumption as well as product cost.

Also, this car is garaged every night, and will be back to me every 1-2 months for upkeep so long term durability wasn't a concern.

Edited by Dylan06SS

what did u use on the chrome like trim idk if its ligit chrome i dont think it is

I assume you mean the trim around the windows and the grill??

For the trim around the windows I buffed with a little revive, wiped down with DS, finished off with BSG. The grill didn't need much other than to get the bug guts off. Took care of those during the wash and just put a little BSG on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Sorry I know this is an older post, but what did you use on the wood interior to clean it?

A little detail spray and I usually hit it with BSG afterwards. Its clear coated on these cars, so if theres any scratches or scuffs you can use the 4" spot pad kit and a little FMP to go the extra mile, just be sure to mask off the dash first.

• 1 month later...

I notice you used the carpet and upholstery cleaner on the mats, but which brush did you use? I see Adams sells an "interior detailing brush" that is supposed to be used on the seats, but in Adam's video, he uses a stiff bristle brush on the carpets. I don't see a "stiff bristle brush" for sale on Adams site. Is that the same as the interior detailing brush? I'm so confused! Thanks!

I notice you used the carpet and upholstery cleaner on the mats, but which brush did you use? I see Adams sells an "interior detailing brush" that is supposed to be used on the seats, but in Adam's video, he uses a stiff bristle brush on the carpets. I don't see a "stiff bristle brush" for sale on Adams site. Is that the same as the interior detailing brush? I'm so confused! Thanks!

The carpet brushes may be out of stock. You can usually pick up a cheap carpet brush at any number of local stores, they may not last long, but for a couple of bucks it'll last until you can get a better one.

I think the detailing industry could survive on BMW work alone... generally speaking you see a lot of them badly maintained by buyers that tend to go through car washes rather than care for the cars themselves (I realize that's a screaming generalization, but it's based on what I see here in the DC area), and whatever they use for brake pads is astounding -- I often see BMWs with what looks like mis-matched rims... silver on the back, black on the front. :willy: