Customer Service 866.965.0400

my new obsession....streetbikes :)

6spdg37s

okay well as all of you know i picked up my first bike on my bday july 2nd... an 05 kawi ninja zx6r 636cc lime green and flat black. anyway previous to the kid droppin the bike off at my house i never ridden before (rode quads pockets etc). taught myself in my neighborhood, took the MSF course, got my license. now heres where the obsession kicks in

i paid 3700 for my bike with 9k miles on it...mint condition.

now heres were the amazingness comes in. the bike is worth over 5k

dealer chcked it out said bike is mint jsut change the oil and rear brake pads. now the mod bug got me. it already had all the cosmetic stuff i would have wanted to do... tinted windscreen, rear blinker elimination kit (gets rid of the antler lookin things) flush mount front blinkers,etc;

so now i ordered. full stand kit, 8k DDM low /hi beam HID kit, EBC HH rear brake pads, changed the oil with motul 10w-40 full synthetic, now heres the greatness i only spent roughly 300 on all that stuff. all i need to do now is get a slip-on exhaust and im set ! also working on them is the easiest thing in the world.

i pay 200 a year for liability insurance and i rode it about 300 miles since purchase.. i only drove the viper 1000 since january. and this bike uses absolutely no gas.

therefore <3=bikes :drool:

ill probably get a 750 or 1000 next

something im def stickin with for life. 7k bike can beat a 100k porsche lol

sorry for my random rant lol..but heres the point.

i always wanted to do this and never did out of fear. you can do anything you put ur mind too and u never know. something that is questionable in your mind can become your main hobby in days

O/k, good news and congrats.

Now, do me one favor.......RIDE SAFE and watch for cagers turing left in front of you. :2thumbs::rockon:

yep i hear u ... i try to ride at low traffic hrs to cut down the risks..but i just stay aware of my surroundings, out of peoples blind spots,

I've always thought a bike would be sweet, but I know my life would be cut short if I did, if my old 9 second Camaro wasn't enough for me, would a bike ever be?

Also I have a general rule that fat guys don't belong on sport bikes and well I'm a fat guy. lol

Definitely be safe, but have fun modding. Those things are a lot of fun to work on. I put a nitrous kit on a friends 900 last summer the speed of that thing was crazy.

I had a Mustang V6 think he was going to do a fly by the other day when my fiance and I were on the Vmax. I was in fifth gear. I shifted to fourth and he didn't stand a chance until I slowed for traffic. I then got behind him as he was on it and reeled him in and then let him go and then reeled him in and then passed him on the right like he hit the brakes. I looked down to see 120 so I let off. He was a good 15-20 cars behind me...;)

My fiance hadn't gone that fast before. lol

She can't say that anymore.

Of course all this was done on a closed course in a legal manner and we were wearing our full kit. (protective gear)

Chris

Sounds great, I started riding at age of 18, it is defiantly not for everyone, but is a ton of fun. Odd, my son grew up around them, even helped me build a chopper and he has no interest in riding. I guess my wife is kind of glad, I'm replaceable, he isn't.

Now, just be sure to ride safe.

Bruce

Sounds great, I started riding at age of 18, it is defiantly not for everyone, but is a ton of fun. Odd, my son grew up around them, even helped me build a chopper and he has no interest in riding. I guess my wife is kind of glad, I'm replaceable, he isn't.

Now, just be sure to ride safe.

Bruce

you know whats funny? my dad has no interest in bikes whatsoever, and has a minimal interest in cars. like he likes them but just like a nice bmw or infiniti or mercedes. not like the mechanics of it or racing them or anything. and i turned out the way i am. I always been into mechanical stuff takin it apart fixin it etc;

The motorcycle mod bug is BAD when you get it... I have spent more on my mods on my bike then I did on the bike when I bought it brand new! Wheels are STUPID money for bikes. I went with forged Aluminum MotoGP style wheels.

Chris

well heres the best

i paid 3700 for my bike

its worth (see screenshot)

i spent on everything else

broken footpeg (from goin down lightly) 50

motul 10w-40 synthetic oil and filter 45.99

exhaust (on clearence) KR TUned slip on 277.99 reg 400-600 +

bike stands front and rear 85

rear brake pads ebc HH and DDM 8k HID kit 113

so i happily modded my bike for less than the bike is still worth

im satisified

I had the same thing happen to me except (im a fat guy too and agree with IMADREAMER) i bought a harley davidson fatboy. The bike was 18000 and by time i added all the extras it ended up costing about 24000 before i even picked it up :willy:...... well that was 6 years ago and i just sold it about 2 months ago ..... no time to ride cause the vette is more important to me, and safer.

moral of the story is times are tough for alot of people that might be why you got a steal on the bike, dont expect to get what they are telling you it is worth. Mine was in mint condition and had 8500 miles on it they told me it was worth somewhere in the 14-15000 range, i got 13000 after having it for sale for 3 months.

Riding is a passion, i will always love to ride and will one day have another bike. Always remember keep the rubber down and watch others around you.

well heres the best

i paid 3700 for my bike

its worth (see screenshot)

i spent on everything else

broken footpeg (from goin down lightly) 50

motul 10w-40 synthetic oil and filter 45.99

exhaust (on clearence) KR TUned slip on 277.99 reg 400-600 +

bike stands front and rear 85

rear brake pads ebc HH and DDM 8k HID kit 113

so i happily modded my bike for less than the bike is still worth

im satisified

I know some people who own a Kawasaki Dealer and 3700 for that bike is a good deal :2thumbs: I've been *looking* at some bikes at their shop and even the used ones at their cost were higher than that. I might consider a bike for that price.

When putting on an aftermarket exhaust you should consider your exhaust will be more high flow. Therefore you will need to re-jet the carb or re-map the fuel injection (if its efi.). Also consider an aftermarket air filter for more air flow, I recommend UNI. UNI is a dual foam stage filter I have had good results with them. K&N are paper filters and some results have shown dirt getting thru them better than foam filters. hope this helps?

LOOK AT THOSE CHICKEN STRIPS! HOLY $HIT!

Check out my last tire on my sport bike... No burn outs! That's pure tire wear. Look at them apples! Nearly NO chicken strips! This tire was ridden on for probably 50 miles like this. I was in WI riding when it started to look like this. It sure handled like CRAP right before it. New tires made a HUGE difference.

lol

Just busting your balls... You're a NooB so you'll have the strips for a bit.

Chris

Edited by Chewy