Customer Service 866.965.0400

Perforated leather cleaning

GXPaycheck

Question

So my G8 has leather seats and the seat bottoms are perforated with those itty bitty holes. When I vacuum the seats I get a bunch of fuzz sticking up through the holes on one section of the seat. Dealer says to not vacuum the seats and just wipe them clean. Have I been doing the wrong thing all this time? :confused:

3 answers to this question

Brian, I never vacuum them. I just wipe them off and use the leather conditioner. I love that stuff and on the seat bottoms I just don't load them up so as not to plug the holes. I use the newer red sponges for the seats and all the interior including the dash. My seats look and smell pretty nice if I may say so myself.

Never vacuum perforated anything or you'll get what you got. Wipe the seats down with a micro to remove dust. Then get another clean one and use the leather cleaner, then condition your seats real well with the Conditioner. I've never found that the conditioner gets into the holes. I put both products on the micro rather than directly on the leather, so buildup isn't an issue in the holes. :2thumbs: