Customer Service 866.965.0400

Put the Waterless Car Wash through it's paces...

bandit67

Question

I've been using the Waterless Car Wash quite a bit now, and am really pleased with its performance. Adam & I spent a bit of time trying it out to be sure it was worthy of the Adam's name before releasing it.

However, I had a chance to test it even further today. Yesterday, we had the Mustang at our local Shelby Club BBQ, held at a park. We all parked our cars on the steet alongside the park, under the shade of big cottonwood trees.

Upon packing up the car to leave, I noticed that the trees had rained down a fine mist of sap all over my beautifully detailed car. :explode:

I took to cleaning up the car this morning with the Waterless Car Wash. It took the cottonwood sap off easily and cleanly. :thumbsup: I was sort of expecting a big mess on my hands and possibly needing to get out the hose and wash bucket to get the sap off.

So, after a quick cleaning with the WCW, and a follow-up with Adams Detail Spray, the car looks beautiful again! :rockon::2thumbs:

I got a chance to use the WCW on a detail this past weekend and I was really impressed. I only used it to clean the doorjambs but it worked really well it seemed to leave a nice shine too. My question is why or when to use DS over the WCW? Instead of wiping my car down when it's dusty with DS I'm going to use the WCW and see how that goes. I haven't had a chance to use it much so I'd like to know from the people that have been using it more what jobs can it do better than DS and which ones are better left to DS?

GOOD Question !!

At two shows over the weekend I used ONLY the WCW and never touched the DS.

I was wondering when the DS would be used over the WCW.. ???

By the way,, I LOVE the WCW !!

dv

p.s. My newly arrived Adams Detail Bag was a huge hit at the shows. I could have made boo-koo bucks if I wasn't such a lazy baz-tard !! ;)

Here's how I've been telling folks to use the 2 products:

If the car is clean, and you take it out for a quick drive and get it dusty or get some bug splat on it, run the WW over the car to quickly clean the "new" lighter dirt off of it. By the way, the WW works great on grasshopper guts - I know from personal experience this past weekend (for those folks who've been dealing with the grasshopper infestation this summer).

The DS is to be used to help really punch the shine on your car after it's cleaned up good. To get my car ready for a Show & Shine this past weekend, I had to clean it with the WW, then went over it with the DS to get it to really shine. The DS seems to add a little more shine to the whole car, even when it's clean and freshly waxed.

This procedure led me to get a 2nd place finish at the Show & Shine at the Sturgis Mustang Rally over the weekend, and our fairly stock looking car went up against some nicely outfitted competition with some sweet aftermarket bling. :thumbsup:

The DS is to be used to help really punch the shine on your car after it's cleaned up good. To get my car ready for a Show & Shine this past weekend, I had to clean it with the WW, then went over it with the DS to get it to really shine. The DS seems to add a little more shine to the whole car, even when it's clean and freshly waxed.

OK That makes sense... At the two shows I did this weekend, I used the WW at both BUT at the one on Saturday, where we took one of the awards, I followed up with the Show Glaze to start the day, then used WW to dust a few times during the day.

I "think" I get better results using the WW after the car is/has been sitting out in the sun rather than the DS. It seems, to me anyway, that the DS works GREAT on cooler surfaces with less work to remove it, than the WW.

Next show I'll try the DS for the dusting procedure.

People came up to me every time I was cleaning/dusting wanting to know what it was I was using. Web site numbers should go up this week... ;)

dv

Today was the first sprinkles of fall here in Sacramento. My wife, ( God I love her ), MUST have black cars. Her latest is a little Jeep Liberty.

As you all know "sprinkles" on a black car are no fun. and the after effects of water spotting. Prior to WW the only way to remove the spots was to bucket-wash the whole car and give it a quick shot of BSG.

Used the WW this morning and WOW !! No Water Spots after ward !!! That's all that was needed and a quick shot of BSG topped it off.

After it was done THEN I say to myself, " $%#@ Should have taken before-n-after pics ! " Next time !!

I'm officially in love with my wife again !!!

dv

Edited by dvalentine

Today was the first sprinkles of fall here in Sacramento. My wife, ( God I love her ), MUST have black cars. Her latest is a little Jeep Liberty.

As you all know "sprinkles" on a black car are no fun. and the after effects of water spotting. Prior to WW the only way to remove the spots was to bucket-wash the whole car and give it a quick shot of BSG.

Used the WW this morning and WOW !! No Water Spots after ward !!! That's all that was needed and a quick shot of BSG topped it off.

After it was done THEN I say to myself, " $%#@ Should have taken before-n-after pics ! " Next time !!

I'm officially in love with my wife again !!!

dv

I'm glad all it took to fall back in love with your wife was a bottle of waterless wash! Who needs couples therapy? :jester:

I think we found a new slogan: "Adams Polishes - guaranteed to make your paint and marriage outshine the competition 110%!"

I just used my WCW today for the first time and all I have to say is WOW! I did it at a car show in the sun. My truck very dusty, and it turned out perfect. I cleaned everything, windows, chrome, the whole truck. I got lots of compliments. It was a top twenty pick show and I placed. I WILL be buying more.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just received my WCW and have not used it yet. I assume that you use it the same way as detail spray. Simply spray it on and wipe it off. Also when I received it (came with my new Black Detail bag) I received a blue towel much like the waffle drying towels. I assume again that is for the WCW. Then again maybe I assume to much.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just received my WCW and have not used it yet. I assume that you use it the same way as detail spray. Simply spray it on and wipe it off. Also when I received it (came with my new Black Detail bag) I received a blue towel much like the waffle drying towels. I assume again that is for the WCW. Then again maybe I assume to much.

Your assumptions are all correct. :thumbsup:

Use the WCW to remove dust, light amounts of dirt, and bug guts. After you clean with the WCW, you can follow up with the DS for a really nice shine. :thumbsup:

Well my vette does not get abused much so I can see me going through this WCW. Better order a gallon to have it on hand.

That's what I did. I'm going to order another one of those blue waffle towels though. It's amazing that you can get a car to look so good in 20 or 30 minutes:rockon::rockon: