Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlight correction with big pads

fiveoh

Question

14 answers to this question

The normal Adams pads (7.5" pads) can do a certain degree of headlight clearing but you're not going to get very far by just doing it with the bigger pads (if your headlights are pretty hazy). Using a 4" pad (even with the PC) will allow you to do even more correction. It's kind of like the difference between drag racing a 7500 pound car with 300 horsepower versus a car that weighs 4000 pounds with the same motor.

The smaller pads on a drill work in a true rotary fashion and thus can get hot and give different results than the larger pads on a random-orbital PC. I'd wait for the real experts to chime in with some specific advice on headlight correction, too. :2thumbs:

I went ahead and gave it a shot with the PC and my big pads tonight. It would have been nice to have the smaller ones as there was a little bit I could not reach in the very corner of the light but overall good results. 2 passes with SHR and 1 pass with FMP. Love Adams stuff!

Good job Ryan, just make sure you tape off the edges of the body panels around the headlight, the paint in those areas can be real thin. As you'll be using heavy pressure on the headlight you don't want to burn through the clear coat on the edge of your hood :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Good job Ryan, just make sure you tape off the edges of the body panels around the headlight, the paint in those areas can be real thin. As you'll be using heavy pressure on the headlight you don't want to burn through the clear coat on the edge of your hood :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

i actually just popped the hood and left it popped but thats definately a good suggestion. I'll make sure and tape around the other edges next time.

What sucks is that it comes back... I did my buddies Maxima 5 months ago and they are starting to cloud over again! Ugh... I have the new 4 inch pads now so that should help make the process quicker.

Looks good though!

What sucks is that it comes back... I did my buddies Maxima 5 months ago and they are starting to cloud over again! Ugh... I have the new 4 inch pads now so that should help make the process quicker.

Looks good though!

I'm wondering if putting a good coat of MSW or something over them will help to keep them clear?

I'm wondering if putting a good coat of MSW or something over them will help to keep them clear?

We did... He uses the DS but with a wife and two young ones he can't afford other products. I gave him two gallons of the DS and some towels for some favors he did for me. (He's a plumber):2thumbs:

We did... He uses the DS but with a wife and two young ones he can't afford other products. I gave him two gallons of the DS and some towels for some favors he did for me. (He's a plumber):2thumbs:

It's UV rays that cause yellowing? So these need some type of UV resistant coating? :confused:

They need to be polished and then clear coated with UV resistant clear. Problem with that it that the clear will become chipped over time... UGH... We'll just keep polishing.

Chris