Customer Service 866.965.0400

GM to stop putting little GM badges on their cars

Marylander

GM is going to phase out those little GM badges they started putting on everything in 2005. I think that's actually kind of cool... 25 years from now we'll all be squinting our eyes trying to identify the early "new" Camaros based on whether or not they have the little badges on the fenders. :2thumbs:

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/archives/2009/08/_there_isnt_muc.html

25 years from now we'll all be squinting our eyes trying to identify the early "new" Camaros based on whether or not they have the little badges on the fenders. :2thumbs:

and scrounging over documentation to figure out whether or not the owner didn't just buy the emblem and slap it on himself

One less thing to de-badge if'n'whenever I get a new daily driver

I have never been a fan of badges especially when it says it on the sides and trunk or tailgate like we cant tell what it is. I guess thats why I love my SS. I only have 1 SS Badge left on the tailgate and if you are any kind of car guy its not to tell its a chevy from the front though I do get people asking me what model is my truck some people think its a colorado lol, I just get this dumb look on my face and think to myself are you dumb? If anything I would like to see GM stop using this outragiously big badges and just use simple decals thats easily removable and wont get caught on washing mits, or get wax where you cant reach, or are hard to clean.

Believe the GM badges started on 2006 models....at least they did on Vettes.

Now no one will know that I have an 05 with 100,000 miles on it instead of a new Vette !! Think of the $$ I'm gonna save ! :banana:

Edited by xlr8rvette

I never really saw the point of them, but they didn't bother me, either.

I think it's kind of funny... the cars we had when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s all seemed to have "body by Fisher" (sp?) stamped on inside the doorsills. I remember asking my Dad, "but I thought this was a Chevrolet?".