Customer Service 866.965.0400

should i tint my viper

6spdg37s

That depends, do you ever drive it in the cold or rain ? I know with my vette 95% of my driving is with the windows down and the top off. The 5% would be when the AC is on so I just don't see the need :glasses:

I'm a tint guy as well. The last few cars I've purchased I've made the tint appointment the day after the delivery date.

If you don't drive the car much, it won't matter when you do it, but for a DD in your area I would recommend getting it done soon so it can sit cure in the warm weather. It's a pain to have to open the door to pay the tolls on the Parkway!

ezpass FTW ! lol

Our friends from Jersey were always jealous when they came to Orlando and we could just zip through the tolls with our electronic pass. They didn't think they would ever have those, since it could mean that the collectors wouldn't be needed anymore!

I'll be a contrarian -- my vette is tinted and it can be a bit of a PITA to see out of at night, especially in heavy DC area traffic and in the rain. There's no doubt it looks 10X better with the windows rolled up, but if you drive your viper with the top and windows down most of the time, I honestly don't know that it's worth it.

Rich

I'll be a contrarian -- my vette is tinted and it can be a bit of a PITA to see out of at night, especially in heavy DC area traffic and in the rain. There's no doubt it looks 10X better with the windows rolled up, but if you drive your viper with the top and windows down most of the time, I honestly don't know that it's worth it.

Rich

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

I like tint so I say tint it. I love the way tinted windows look on a car.

Alot of states say tinting your windows to a certain degree of darkness is illegal. I carry a note from my doctor in the car that states I have light sensitive eyes and need the tint for medical reasons.

nj u cant have any tint on your front 2 windows driver/passenger. ive had tint on all my cars though. limo on the last one and 15% on this one...luckily i have a long list of family members in law enforcement :)

New Jersey Window Tint Law

New Jersey Tint Law Enacted: 2003

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN NEW JERSEY?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New Jersey, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield.

Front Side Windows: No tint can be applied legally to this window.

Back Side Windows: Any darkness can be used.

Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

Jeez, Dirty Jerz is worse than NY!

Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield.

Front Side Windows: No tint can be applied legally to this window.

I think that the reason is because LEOs when they approach your car can not see if your holding a weapon or not. Its a safety issue.

Alot of the states carry the same laws but what about FL??

I think that the reason is because LEOs when they approach your car can not see if your holding a weapon or not. Its a safety issue.

Alot of the states carry the same laws but what about FL??

Florida Tint Law Enacted: 1991

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN FLORIDA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Florida, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 28% of light in.

Back Side Windows: Must allow more than 15% of light in.

Rear Window: Must allow more than 15% of light in.

Florida Tint Law Enacted: 1991

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN FLORIDA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Florida, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

WA State:

n Washington state law restricts tinting on cars and small SUVs to 35 percent transparency, which means that window film prior to installation must let 35 percent of light through.

n The rule applies to all windows except windshields, which can’t have any tinting below the top 6 inches.

n For trucks and big SUVs (defined as those on a truck chassis) the 35 percent rule applies to front windows but not to back windows, which have no restrictions.

n The ticket for breaking the law is $124.

Well if Jersey cops are anything like Illinois cops you will be fine as long as you have a grown up looking car. Meaning, no loud stereo, big wings, loud exhaust, etc etc. If you drive a sport compact or wildly modded car though you'll be lucky to make it around the block without getting pulled over.

Case in point, my Dad's car has full tents all around, it's a family sedan and he's never been pulled over. My friend got full tints (not nearly as dark as my Dad's) on his eclipse he literally made it two blocks from the shop before he got pulled over for tints.

Just another in a long line of reasons not to like cops.

Most shops do 70%(30% VLT) in the front and 90%(10% VLT) in the back. All the LOE's have their windows tinted here too!