Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! Polished Aluminum rims

harohunter

Question

ok, i have a set of weld polished aluminum rims, but they are highly polished almost a chrome mirror finish, now they are all scratched up and hazey, what I have polished them with x brand aluminum polish but they are still scratched up how do i bring it back to that new mirror finish?

heres the same exact rim

viewer.php?id=L2hvbWUvdHJ1Y2t0b3kvcHVibGljX2h0bWwvdHJ1Y2tfaW1hZ2VzL2xfaW1nX1NBeUZPaC5qcGc%3D

viewer.php?id=L2hvbWUvdHJ1Y2t0b3kvcHVibGljX2h0bWwvdHJ1Y2tfaW1hZ2VzL2xfaW1nX3hjUWJZZy5qcGc%3D

Edited by harohunter

8 answers to this question

Man I can relate with you. Over 4 years ago I had the same situation with my 32. I emailed Adam on a Sunday afternoon and low and behold he answered me! Long story short I did half of my lug cover with Adams Metal Polish and the other with the 5th in a long line of metal polishes that I was using at the time (begins with a Mothers). I gave it to my daughter (who could care less about cars) to evaluate asking her to tell me if she could tell a difference. She studied it for a few minutes and said "I like this side because it has less scratches". Another story is that my good buddy Lenny had done a frame off for a guy of his 1951 Ford Pickup and is as anal as AJ about the paint. He was really dissatisfied with the finish on the polished aluminum wheels, so I loaned him some of my Adams Metal Polish when I stocked back up. He told me at the last show that he is going to buy more Adams products now because he likes them. What a compliment from a a guy that knows his stuff. I just sacrificed a couple of good microfiber towels for my polished aluminum and one applicator because of the heavy black that you get. My wheels and polished aluminum have never looked better. Here are a few pics for you. Best of luck and just go to town with the Metal Polish. I do it by hand because the M Ball doesn't work IMHO.

Edited by McDuff

Thanks guys for the replies I have other adams products not just the metal polish, doh! I guess ill charge up my credit card for another 200$ worth of goodies. :)

I tried a bunch of off the shelf polishes and they always scratched to much even the really expensive mothers stuff that was like 15$ for a tiny vile.

nice ford i love the stacks i got a ford with stacks too!