Customer Service 866.965.0400

Caliper Covers

Bangastang

In my eyes they just miss the market -- one one hand you have people that want really cool looking racy calipers and are willing to take the time to paint them, and on the other hand you have people who truly don't care what their calipers look like (if they even know what a caliper is!) So sure they'll sell a few sets of these to the Pep Boys crowd, but I can't imagine they'll ever catch on with the enthusiast set. :cheers:

I would be worried about those things coming loose while driving. Especially on the highway. I think that $200 is a little steep for covers. I painted my claipers about 2 years ago and it only cost me $25 and about 4 hours of my afternoon. Speaking of which, I need to touch them up before the winter.

caliper2.jpg

Not to bad for $25!

Rob

Prep is key...

I don't care if you pay $1000 for a can of paint, if you do not properly prep the surface it simply will not work.

The calipers have mounds and mounds of brake dust and other unseen contaminants. You need to thoroughly clean them with brake cleaner, and when you are done, clean them again.

I painted mine, and I have not had any problems with them at all.

As I stated earlier I followed the instructions that came with the caliper paint kit that included the brake cleaning solution. Contrary to some men I actually read instructions and will ask for directions when lost. A $20 can of paint did not work on my brake calipers. Every time I washed my car and hosed down my wheels, the so-called ceramic paint would peel away like a

banana.

MGP Caliper Covers seem like a easy solution.