Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying Buttery Wax

espop125

Question

I used the Buttery Wax today on my wife's car and my Vette and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it didn't matter how much i put on the applicator it would get thin quick to the point that it didn't even look like I was applying anything. My vette is a very light color and my wife's is a dark color. Is this normal or should I still see a very thin film? Like I said when applied it started out good for the first couple of seconds then it was like I had nothing on the applicator. I first used a microfiber applicator and then a foam applicator and both did the same. Both cars are well cared for so in case anyone asks it is not from lack of care to them.

14 answers to this question

Did you shake the bottle up well before your applied it and was the paint surface cool?

When I apply the Buttery wax I have my car in the garage.

You want to apply a thin coat and then let it dry.

If you apply a thick coat, you are wasting the premium product and it could take longer to set up.

When it is dried use one of Adams blue microfiber towels to wipe the vehicle down.

You should find that the Buttery wax wipes off with litle effort and it doesn't leave dust

You can also apply the wax in the sun light.

Yes the car was cool and in the garage and i also did use detail spray on the microfiber applicator to moisten it first but still it is like nothing is going onto the car after a couple swipes and i had to keep adding more wax. now after I posted this question I tried rinsing the applicator in water and then rung it out just so the whole applicator was barely damp and tried it again and that seemed better than using the detail spray. When I used the DS it seemed like the microfiber pad was getting clogged up. Whats your opinion on doing the pad dampened with water and then applying the wax?

Yes the car was cool and in the garage and i also did use detail spray on the microfiber applicator to moisten it first but still it is like nothing is going onto the car after a couple swipes and i had to keep adding more wax. now after I posted this question I tried rinsing the applicator in water and then rung it out just so the whole applicator was barely damp and tried it again and that seemed better than using the detail spray. When I used the DS it seemed like the microfiber pad was getting clogged up. Whats your opinion on doing the pad dampened with water and then applying the wax?

I just put about a quarter coin size amount on my microfiber applicator pad and then squeeze the pad together to spread it out more over the pad.

Then I simple wipe it onto the surface of the vehicle.

It's going to be fairly thin unlike the way I was a custom to applying the other manufactures waxes

The foam pads were developed for Americana. They will work with anything but I think it soaks up to much of the liquid and causes it to be put on to thick... I use the MF applicators with the BW and it works great. I dampen with DS and do as Dylan says. THIN coats.

Chris