Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claying

DieselDude

Question

Finished claying the car. Approx time was 4 hours and between 1/4 and 1/2 bottle of Adam's Detail Spray. The clay would start to turn brown and I would work it so I would have clean clay. Now no matter how I work the clay I have this big brown ring in it.

I did the bag test before and after, it is about 50% better than what I started out. I thought it would be alot more smoother than it is.

Did I do something wrong? Do I just need more patience and clay the car the rest of the day?

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=1414

Edited by DieselDude

6 answers to this question

you may or may not need to do it again it just depends on how bad it is to begin with if you have to do it again then do it again. there should be a little dirt in the clay as you use it becauseyour picking up the contaminants off your paint thats why you knead it as you go. you will see some staining in the clay.

How old is the vehicle you worked on? If it's an older car and has never been clayed before then it will take you some time. I remember when I first did my truck. I was exhausted when I was done. My arms felt like they were going to fall off. The good news it that when you finally get it nice and smooth it will become a whole lot easier the next time.

Rob

How old is the vehicle you worked on?

10 years old (99 model). I done the big no no with this vehicle wash and wax never clayed it until now.

I remember when I first did my truck. I was exhausted when I was done. My arms felt like they were going to fall off.

I agree and my fingers are little sore hard to type tonight (I am typing just a little slower than normal).

When my daily driver belonged to my mother (it's a 1995) it had gone months at a time without any wax on it at all. I had to clay it twice to get everything off, so don't be discouraged

although I'm concerned about the time and amount of detail spray you said you used. You said 4 hours and 1/4-1/2 bottle. What kind of vehicle is this? It shouldn't take nearly that long on a regular car, unless you're like Bill and you factor in food and naps :lolsmack:. I did the vette in about 20 minutes to a half hour and used almost a whole bottle of DS