Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Detailing Pic Before/After

DieselDude

Question

Let me say this as a first time Adam's customer. I could not believe how EASY the Adam's Car Care Products are to use. Every product that I used today went on easier than Adam said in his DVD, especially if you follow what is in the DVD you can not even mess up. These products are foolproof. It was a very long 12 hours for me today.

I did not have many scratches on the car but my problem I had was waterspots (as you can see below).

I started out with the orange pad and the Swirl Haze Remover (SHR). After the first pass I was not satisfied with the results so I did what Adam said do it over again, this pass I used "4". Second time I went slower and used "6" on the Porter-Cable (PC), then I looked again. Finally after the third pass I was impressed. I used "4" on the third pass.

Then with the white pad and the Fine Machine Polish (FNP). I decided to go slow with it and used "3" and "4" on the PC. If going slow helped me before it should on this step. After the first time I was not impressed so I did it again.

Last Step I used the black pad and the Machine Super Wax (MSW). I used the "3" and "4" on the PC for this. Again I went slow. I had to do it twice.

I learned several things doing this today. Main rule is watching your speed (moving it across your vehicle and the RPM of the PC).

Here is my before pic

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=1413

Here are two after pics:

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=1418

picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=1416

Thank You goes to several members here and especially to Adam, Rob, and Steve.

Edited by DieselDude

Great job :2thumbs::2thumbs:

The first job is always the toughest and from now on you'll get quicker. My thinking is as long as you are happy with the results, it doesn't matter how long it took. Great job. Also, did you get my email that I sent you? Take care!

Rob

Nice Job!

Looks like the Junkman has some serious competition :2thumbs:

Heck, you should see the work of some of the members who never post! ;)

The speed you move the polisher across the paint is one of the biggest mistakes that folks new to a polisher make. Because of the limited torque of the PC, you can't rush it to do the work. You have to allow it to work within its own time. Once you figure this out, you will achieve better results much faster without wiping yourself out on one section of the car.

You will always get better as time goes on if your technique is solid. Great job Everett! :thumbsup:

The speed you move the polisher across the paint is one of the biggest mistakes that folks new to a polisher make. Because of the limited torque of the PC, you can't rush it to do the work. You have to allow it to work within its own time. Once you figure this out, you will achieve better results much faster without wiping yourself out on one section of the car.

This really is key. Moving the polisher too fast, we've all done that. All it does is discourage you for the next job. I cannot stress enough that start in a small section. 12x12 is nice, but can be a bit small. 16x16 does the job nicely IMHO. Pick a nice flat spot and hone your technique. Spend a day working on your technique if need be. No rush. Once this is mastered, the PC becomes an extension of your hand. It is awkward at first, but it does become natural.

And this is where I likely went wrong this past weekend when I did the deed for the very first time - and man was my arm sore at day's end. Took me six hours to complete and am overall very happy with the results.

However, I can still see some scratches that I can't help but think that had I devoted more time to, they may no longer be an issue.

Which brings me to my next point; Now that the car had the clay done along with swirl remover, polish and wax (I have the PC), if I want to redo the swirl remover in certain spots - Can I just go at it? Or do I have to remove the wax first and if so - How can I remove it?

And of course, polish and wax would have to be reapplied accordingly afterwards...

Any ideas?

if I want to redo the swirl remover in certain spots - Can I just go at it? Or do I have to remove the wax first and if so - How can I remove it?

And of course, polish and wax would have to be reapplied accordingly afterwards...

Any ideas?

Just go ahead and polish, the polishing will remove the wax for you :2thumbs:

Then apply some more wax and you'll be good to go :hi:

So you're saying to Polish to remove the wax, use the swirl remover (which is my intention) then polish again then wax?

Sorry for the confusion...

I wasn't confused before but I am now :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

The Swirl and Haze remover is a polish. If you just have a spot or two that you want to redo you can take your orange pad and use SHR or if they are not really bad just go with a White pad and Fine Machine Polish. The polishing will remove the wax and correct the swirls. Then reapply wax :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There it is - thanks for the help.

I'll probably try this weekend and see what I can accomplish..

Knowing I spent six hours on mine and it certainly should have taken longer had I done it to my full satisfaction, What would this process cost if I was to do it for someone's car upon request?

Are we talking around $25 per hour or so?

There it is - thanks for the help.

I'll probably try this weekend and see what I can accomplish..

Knowing I spent six hours on mine and it certainly should have taken longer had I done it to my full satisfaction, What would this process cost if I was to do it for someone's car upon request?

Are we talking around $25 per hour or so?

It would cost what the customer is willing to pay. I know for a fact that I wouldn't do a car for no less than $1500 (small car like a Miata), and I would need 2 weeks with the car.

The line isn't long at my garage which doesn't bother me at all! Detailing is hard work and I don't "detail for dollars" (as Adam calls it), I detail to relax and make my ride look pretty. :thumbsup: