Customer Service 866.965.0400

my life is in a downward spiral

6spdg37s

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i want to be back with her and hopefully have everything work out. she wants to see if she can trust me so i can show her that i deserve to have her back. which is BS. i want to be happy. she wants to control me and make my life miserable

Well that doesn't sound like a fun relationship! :(

I'll say this. You're young and you have a whole lot of living and growing to do. Here's Junkman's rule that keeps me positive:

As long as there is one person on this planet who is worse off than I, then I have no right to complain.

When you put into perspective the problems that people are facing everyday, you quickly realize how trivial your problems really are. When you look at a mother who has no way to feed her child and contemplates selling her body for the first time, or the father who's job has kicked him out the door with no benefits for his paraplegic son, or the family who has just been put out of their home with no place to go, ask yourself, "Would I rather be in their shoes or in the ones I'm wearing?" It quickly puts things into perspective.

I remember a story I read somewhere that I will never forget. I'll share it with you and maybe you will feel differently about the cross you bear.

A young man was at the end of his rope, seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear."

The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."

The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you Lord," and he did as he was told.

Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses; some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall.

"I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered. And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

Kinda puts things in your life into perspective...

Great advice from the Junkman.

So, don't fret, these things look unbearable when you're young, when you get older you just make the best of a difficult situation. Enjoy your life, family, and friends. Those who want to cause problems, just tell them in a calm way you have done your honest best, you can't fix the world. If they still want to be upset, that is out of your control, but you don't have to be upset also, you just don't need to do that to yourself.

Worried about your child? Do that child a favor, make sure that child has at least one calm caring person they can always count on. Trust me on this.

If you guys are arguing over cars, bikes, and other really trivial things I think you are in for a long haul with her. You have a child coming, and that should matter far more then any car. IMO both of you have a little maturing to do. I mean you're sitting here talking about clubbing, and 100k dollar cars like that's all life is about. It's not. From the second your child is born your life is all about your child's life and if it's not your a bad parent and you will only doom the rest of us with the burden of another child of a broken home who stands a good chance of draining the system of resources.

If you want full custody of your child good luck. You have almost no rights as the father, especially if you can't do better then "she wants me to sell my Viper."

I always said you shouldn't feel like you're at work when in a relationship... I was WRONG. They take work BUT with the right person the work isn't hard. I was engaged to a person that sounds JUST LIKE the person you are engaged to. Key word being WAS... I don't do well with people telling me what I am going to do.

If you don't like it now... It WON'T get better if and when you marry. GUARANTEED!

Chris

I hate to hear you are having a rough time in the relationship.

From what I can tell based on your previous posts, it sounds like she wants you to transition roles from a boyfriend to the father of her child.

IMO I don't think it is a control issue. I think she wants you to get rid of the bike so she does not have to go through the pain of losing you in the future if you get killed in a bike accident (or having to explain it to your child one day) She probably wants you to get rid of the Viper because it is an extravagance and not family friendly at this point in time.

I would buy/keep something fun for you to drive (whatever makes you happy). Buy her a suitable kid friendly mobile and put a bunch of cash in the bank for living/baby expenses and start fully funding a college account for the child now.

Edited by FASN8N

That's no fun!

I see ZERO reasons you need to sell a car you have paid for and love to drive.

I have several bikes and 2 vehicles and I'll be danmed if I sell them. She knows this and has zero issue with it.

Be supportive when she asks for your help.

She may need some time alone.

I can see you want a life with your son so now is the time to make that possible.

Stay on her good side as much as possible.

Also, keep things in perspective -- it all may seem crazy to you, but I bet there are a thousand childless couples out there that would kill to be young, have good paying jobs, a paid-for exotic car and a child on the way. Put the right effort into this relationship you could very well be building the basis for a very good and happy life.

Put people and family first. The bikes, cars, jobs and everything else are secondary. :cheers:

well shes avoiding me now apparently which works well...so ill give myself some distance but still be supportive if that is possible...

My advice would be to give her space, time heals a lot of things. Like pretty much everyone else has said you have to meet in the middle and both of you must make a few sacrifices, which you should both be willing to make for each other.

My advice would be to give her space, time heals a lot of things. Like pretty much everyone else has said you have to meet in the middle and both of you must make a few sacrifices, which you should both be willing to make for each other.

X2!!

She needs time to think things through! Trying to talk to someone that is all upset is not going to work. Being pregnant is going to put her emotions WAY OVER the top. Let her cool down and relax, she will come back, she just needs time to think. Just like you need your time in front of the TV she needs this time to clear things in her head!!! PM sent with Cell #

• 4 weeks later...

well if anyone cares an update is we are back together.. but we dont see each other that much because she is really sick from the pregnancy..but everything appears to be working out.. she is almost 4 months now!! i just hope she starts feeling better soon