Customer Service 866.965.0400

My confusion over washing true blue super plush

smf

Question

18 answers to this question

I use hot water but I am cheap so my heater is turned down... lol Like Dylan I believe it helps remove waxes and such.

I air dry over a sweater rack.

The key is no high heat and DO NOT wash with anything other than MF stuff.

Chris

On the tag, it says wash warm, dry warm. However in a Junkman thread over in the Charger forum he says something different:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104663&

Which is it? Great product btw.

I still stand by cold water. My momma had me doing laundry since I was 7 years old. I'm 46 now, that's a lot of practice. Cold water with the right detergent works. It is also the least destructive to clothing.

Cold water, air dry for me. You should feel my towels.

I agree with A.J. that cold water is best for the longevity of the MF. I use micro-restore and it is designed to break down polishes and waxes, it works really well even in cold water. Jenny and I stopped using dryer sheets long ago but there can still be contamination of the dryer sheets so I air dry mine now after ruining towels in the past.

I also hand wash and air dry.

I use Micro-restore but have also used Woolite. He machine. Machine wash warm, 2 rinses, add a little vinegar (1/3 cup to rinse reservoir). No bleach. All consistent with 99% of the mf towel care instructions.

Wipe down dryer prior to wash with a APC to remove any fabric softener on the interior. Dry using warm (casual setting) and dryer balls. You do not need to get them very dry.

... Jenny and I stopped using dryer sheets long ago but there can still be contamination of the dryer sheets so I air dry mine now after ruining towels in the past.

I also hand wash and air dry.

That's a very good and interesting point. I never thought about left over dryer sheet contamination. :thumbsup:

AJ you want us to feel WHAT? :jawdrop::eek::willy::lolsmack:

Don't you start! I know where you work! :lolsmack: