Customer Service 866.965.0400

First job

Opeth

Alright, just got back. Well it was pretty bad. You could only feel one or two of the scratches. Everything else was just like really really bad swirls. Overall I am pleased. however, it is not gone. Not even close. It is MUCH less noticable and now is only visale from certain angles.

He was thoroughly pleased, but I still would have liked to removed everything. I only had an hour to work so given more time, I think I could have eliminated it. Or maybe I was doing something wrong.

As for pictures, I am at work now so I wont have them up until tonight.

An inhuman urge to eliminate swirls and all akin to scratches?

Well I told him I would have to come back to finish. I know I cant burn the paint or anything, but can I go too far down on the clearcoat? I mean, the scratches were absolutely going away, but I just need more time. Is it possible to wear down the clearcoat too much in one small area (6 inches by 6 inches) trying to remove these scratches? I taped off a 1 foot x 1foot area to work on.

An inhuman urge to eliminate swirls and all akin to scratches?

Well I told him I would have to come back to finish. I know I cant burn the paint or anything, but can I go too far down on the clearcoat? I mean, the scratches were absolutely going away, but I just need more time. Is it possible to wear down the clearcoat too much in one small area (6 inches by 6 inches) trying to remove these scratches? I taped off a 1 foot x 1foot area to work on.

With SHR, the orange pad and a PC? It will take quit a bit of work. What you have to be able to determine is when you are up against a scratch that is too deep to get out. Leave those alone and stay within your element. Once you get good enough to determine the difference, you can think about trying more aggressive measures.

Nice job dude! As for those remaining scratches, chances are those are indents in the paint. Try sticking your fingernail in there, if it goes in you're not getting those out. If they're flat then just go over them again a little slower and see what happens. Practice makes perfect!