Customer Service 866.965.0400

9/11 Remembrance - Fly 'em High

Cyclone

couldnt put mine out. its raining, and i dont have a light aiming where it would be. it was still dark out when i left for work.. but im in manhattan right now..ill never forget it hit so close to home.. in fact the smoke was able to be seen in the air around central nj by me. im 35 or so miles from nyc. my cuz was one of the first responders he was down there at court. luckily he was not killed because he was wearing a suit (id assume thats y they sent him back to home precint) he had to return to his home precint which was in staten island to get geared up and return.

but id say my fam new at least 30+ people that were killed that day between employees at work and responders. R.I.P. to everyone who lost their lives that day. god bless them as well as everyone in the military protecting us to this day !:patriot:

I spent twelve hours down at ground zero with my first aid squad we didnt dig but we were stationed with other squads in various areas around ground zero. My ambulance along with two other bls units and 1 als unit was stationed at battery park at pier A where the old fire boat slip used to be. We were stationed by I believe it was fulton fish market while we awaited our assignments when we were finally sent to our standby place I will never forget the people that cheered for us as we pulled out. They were holding signs and yelling at us thanking us it was truley unbelievable. So we were standing by for a few hours and the EMS Lt. from the fdny was sending us for food he was like just a few minute walk then when you come back we can send more people to eat. So 4 of us start walking around the tip along the water front and the area we were at was perfectly clean well that all changes in a couple of blocks suddenly it was dark and the dust was 6 inches thick. We passed a large I beam twisted like a pretzel laying with some other ones in the middle of the street, the windows to the stores were all blown out all the merchandise was still there but it was quiet and dust covered everything. So what was suppose to be a 5 minute walk was more like a 20 minute walk when we turned the corner there we were in front of ground zero to see it on tv does it no justice to see it in person to see all the workers there covered in dust I felt bad that i was clean. They directed us to the spirit of New York ship where they were serving the food to all the responders when we got there the people serving us couldnt be nicer or couldnt bend over backwards far enough for us. When we told them we came for food to take back with us they asked us how many people it was like 20 people or so. the guy disappeared and came back a few minutes later with milkcrates full of hot food there was no way we could carry it all the way back lol. So we were trying to figure out how to get all the food back when we asked a cop from nassau pd if they could give us a ride back to the pier well they loaded us up in their police launch and took us back battery park. I had some pictures but they are very dark I will try and post em up if i can but i was using a disposable camera. As a firefighter all i can tell you is how hard it was for me that day to learn that 343 FF's lost their lives I was devastated and still to this day my eyes well up when I think about it. God bless our firefighters, our soldiers who fight for this freedom and all the people and families that sacrificed for us all since that faitfull day.

I was working in the WTC on 9/10, I had screwed up my travel arrangements. I was actually scheduled to be there on 9/11. The guys I was working with tried to talk me into staying over night so we could go out for a nice dinner and then go back and finish up in the morning. I didn't have a dog sitter for overnight so I flew home that afternoon, luckily they went out for the nice dinner anyways and got up late the next morning so they wern't there at 8 AM like they said they would be.

I was working in the WTC on 9/10, I had screwed up my travel arrangements. I was actually scheduled to be there on 9/11. The guys I was working with tried to talk me into staying over night so we could go out for a nice dinner and then go back and finish up in the morning. I didn't have a dog sitter for overnight so I flew home that afternoon, luckily they went out for the nice dinner anyways and got up late the next morning so they wern't there at 8 AM like they said they would be.

That gave me chills!!!!

That's just it, everything I read and have heard the plane was completely destroyed "GONE"

Oh wait there is a knock on my door got to go!

Shanksville too. We'll never know what happened. I live very close to Shanksville and saw a lot that day that will never be told or admitted.

All we can do is to pray for and remember the men and women who died that day, and pray for their families. :patriot: