Customer Service 866.965.0400

such a headache!

jpu471

Question

so i was ready to take the plunge on zaino procrastinated for months do i don't i whats the best too much money too much time? then i watch aj's videos wait i should get a pc and i should buy Adams whats better what do i use? go to all the forums everyone says something different its like stereo equipment is there always something better or is everything really the same? unfortunately the days of buying everything and trying it are gone with the recession. whats a car guy to do?

23 answers to this question

I know what you mean... everyone has a different opinion about "what's best". It's like asking "What's the best religion?" -- you'll only start a fight! :jester:

Anyway, here's my advice: Before you get involved in all the time, steps and costs for a top-to-bottom Zaino detailing, give Adam's a try. The basics won't set you back too much, and I'm confident that you'll be blown-away with the ease of use, minimal time required and amazing results. I bet that once you go the Adam's route you won't have any interest in trying something else. :2thumbs:

And enjoy yourself here on Adam's Forums... look around, ask questions and jump right into the conversation. :cheers:

Rich

everyone knows its Zoroastrianism. seriously though its confusing. it even comes down to porter cable 7424 or 7424xp it gets crazy. on the other hand i think aj is about the best reason to buy adams. thanks for the help guys

If you don't like the results Adam will give you 110% of what you have invested.

Can't beat that!

I have NEVER been let down with his stuff.

Give the basics a try and see what you think.

My his micro-fiber and detail spray to start out.

Chris

either polisher will work wonders. I have the 7424 and have no intention to upgrade to the xp because they do practically the same thing (the xp goes up to 6800opm whereas the original stops at 6000, but you rarely need to use it that high anyway). I think they even cost the same so it's up to you

Edited by GerryC

I'm with all the others. Just give it a try and I guarantee you will like it. :banana:

I got in on a group buy a little while back on the G8 forums.......since that group buy I was so ecstatic with the results that I was seeing with those products that I ditched everything else in the cabinets from cleaners to polish, to waxes, interior products, and so on and completely stocked it with all Adam's products. I couldn't be happier!! And to top it off my two Adam's bags got here today too....:willy:

I wasn't new to detailing when I discovered Adam's, but AJ's videos have helped me out a lot already in learning the techniques to using Adam's products in a time saving fashion and getting outstanding results. :pc:

I am an ex Zaino and TropiCare product user myself. :rockon:

Ken,

I really think you will be blown away with the results using Adam's products. You are local, you should be able to catch a local detail clinic and see the results in person. Where about in Los Angeles are you? But like mentioned, go ahead and buy it, 110% satisfaction guarantee!

Bruce

Hi Ken,

You won't be disappointed with an Adam's purchase. They make it "puddin' simple" - on the PC use the orange stuff (Swirl & Haze Remover) with the orange pad, the white stuff (Fine Machine Polish) with the white pad, and the black stuff (Super Machine Wax - really a sealant) on the black pad, and your ride will look great. As you become more proficient you can mix it up some, but this is a great start.

I have a friend that was a Zaino's user, and she's the one who started me on Adam's.

Edited by mc2hill

You need to decide which manufactures product is good for you.

I came over and use only Adam's premium products on my vette.

I looked for weeks at all of the pic's and read the posts and replies on this forum before I gave it a try.

Basically...I didn't believe what I was seeing.

The Junkman's video(s) were my reason to actually try Adam's products.

I thought the products were expensive until I started using them and realized that alittle goes a long way.

Personally I am getting great results on my vette. I use less product and spend less time & effort to achieve my goals

:welcomebanner:to Adam's Car Care Forums

morning how big an area should one polish at one time? the whole hood then a fender then a door etc. new amount of product on each panel? thanks ken

Before you start polishing watch the video's :2thumbs:

Watch the Junkman's and Adam's, they will answer all of your questions :rockon:

morning how big an area should one polish at one time? the whole hood then a fender then a door etc. new amount of product on each panel? thanks ken

General rule of thumb is to work a small section at a time if you're really going for perfection. Most people stick with roughly 12-18" square area.

As for product 3-4 pea sized drops on the pad to start, 2-3 drops on each subsequent pass. You can also "reactivate" the polish thats in the pad to a certain extent by simply giving it a quick shot of Detail Spray.

As someone who has used both Zaino and Adam's a lot... buy Adam's. That is not to say that Zaino isn't fantastic stuff (it is very much so), but it is a pain to use and not cheap. Adam's on the other hand is much, much easier to use, looks just as good, costs less and has the best product support you will ever find. Needless to say, it is all I use now. :)

Even though I have never used Zaino it seems to be quite complicated after researching their products. I will admit that I do not use Adam's exclusively as there are a few products IMO that work a bit better if you're doing lots of cars. When I'm doing my own car though I use pretty much all Adam's stuff.