Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish & Micro Fiber

dvalentine

Question

OK.. To start I love the Metal Polish and the results I get on my billet wheels and other billet parts.

According to instructions a micro fiber towel should be used with the product, which don't use. I just can't bring myself to use one of my Adams towels with metal polish and mess it up with the resulting black oxidation residue. :willy:

So I guess my question is, will that black stuff come out in a wash, or will the MF towel be doomed for all time? :help:

I meant to watch the Adams crew in action to see how they handle it, :lurk: and probably should have asked them, but,,, I forgot !!!

What do you more experienced detailers do to get the metal polish residue off MF towels?

Thanks in advance !

dennis

10 answers to this question

I use my old/tired microfiber applicators. Ones that are no longer suitable for paint use.

If you hit them with APC right after use, rinse out, then run them thru the wash (seperate from your good MF) they come out almost perfect. I say "almost" b/c mine always have a trace amount of the black stuff left, but its not a lot.

Thanks,

I was afraid to use the MF applicators too for the same reason. I have not tried APC yet. Still using up Simple Green..

I'm in the habit of cleaning all supplies, pads and applicators right after use so clean up is no problem.

One thing I did try for wheel polishing last week was to use the new Adams smaller pads on a cordless drill, and cover the pad with a piece of soft terry cloth covering the pad. Used big honking rubber band to keep it on the small pad. It worked pretty well.. While it was easier , I'm really after the best results possible...

dv

I use the cheap microfibers from Auto Zone to do the wheels with. That way if they don't come clean I can just throw them out and buy more. I think I can get like 8 of them for 5 bucks or something. They work great for the wheels, but they wont be touching the paint. :D