Customer Service 866.965.0400

September 11th

Ashley@Adams

Hello All!!!

I wanted to encourage you to take a moment to remember and celebrate the lives of all the people we lost 8 years ago on this day.

I also want to thank all of the AMAZING Heroes who sacrificed themselves for the betterment of others! You are what makes this nation great.

It's an important day and should never be forgotten!

Thank you guys & gals... Have a wonderful weekend.

:patriot:

• 9 months later...

Also when you take that moment on every anniversary of September 11th please remember our Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, etc who go in harms way. I personally am a Sailor in the US NAVY, and we dont ask for credit or anything like that we just appreciate the support we have from you guys! I have done 3 tours of duty since the attacks and I get as hyped up to go over because I know when I come back I have some cash to spend for ADAMS! I love Adams products and the customer service and support is top notch, better than any company I have dealt with

We need to remember a lot more often and never forget what those days were like. It's easy to distance yourself if you weren't actually there or didn't lose someone close. We've all become complacent about who did this. NEVER forget! :patriot:

We need to remember a lot more often and never forget what those days were like. It's easy to distance yourself if you weren't actually there or didn't lose someone close. We've all become complacent about who did this. NEVER forget! :patriot:

Well said! :patriot:

I have not forgotten and I think not only about the lives lost on that day, but also all the brave men and women that have given their lives in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Yup. NYC was first attack on American soil in quite a while. We could see the smoke on the horizon from the Philly burbs. In NYC there was an increased kindness in everyone, and you didn't hear the honking car horns either.

Just a thought....

In speaking with 1 of the greatest generation ( so they claim) I was told we shouldn't be over in Iraq and Afganistan. I inquired what about Pearl Harbor? The response was " the dirty Japs attacked us"; they bombed Pearl Harbor... sneak attack and killed alot of our sailors and Marines. Well I said we're were bombed on 911 but they used planes as ordinance and killed innocent civilians at that. I got a very puzzlled look and no reply.

I may not - in their eyes- have won the argument but I won that battle. I didn't loose anyone on 911 but I'm a father of a former Marine and a father-in-law to an active duty Marine.

If you can read this... thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a Marine.

Nuff Said.

Just a thought....

In speaking with 1 of the greatest generation ( so they claim) I was told we shouldn't be over in Iraq and Afganistan. I inquired what about Pearl Harbor? The response was " the dirty Japs attacked us"; they bombed Pearl Harbor... sneak attack and killed alot of our sailors and Marines. Well I said we're were bombed on 911 but they used planes as ordinance and killed innocent civilians at that. I got a very puzzlled look and no reply.

I may not - in their eyes- have won the argument but I won that battle. I didn't loose anyone on 911 but I'm a father of a former Marine and a father-in-law to an active duty Marine.

If you can read this... thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a Marine.

Nuff Said.

Well said. I may agree to an extent on the invasion of Iraq although Saddam was asking for it, by refusing to allow the inspectors to do their job. Had he simply said go look where ever you wish, he would still be in power. As we all now know he did not have any of the WMD's.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Afghanistan is a completely different story. We had to go in there. I agree you need to look at it as the same as Japan attacking us in 1941. In my opinion (for what it is worth) we did it all wrong however. Maybe not in the begin, but with the invasion of Iraq, we lost focus on that area and did not have the forces need to complete route the Taliban and Al Qaeda.<o:p></o:p>

When September 11th happened I was on a tower in Detroit. I heard over my radio "get down now." I dropped all my gear (100 feet to the bottom) and was off that tower faster than I thought possible. I spent the rest of the day glued to the TV. My car was in the shop and I told them to hurry up and get it fixed. Two days later I was in New York working at ground zero. We restored thousand, possibly millions, of telephone lines to ensure people could talk. I learned New York from a unique vantage point, from the roof tops of the iconic buildings surrounding the World Trade Center.

It was, by far, the single most honorable and proudest thing I have ever done. While I was not there at the time of the attacks, I spent the next 6 months working 18 hour days (minimum) restoring communications. I am a veteran. But my service is nothing, compared to the pride I feel to this day that I served my county in New York City at ground zero. I will NEVER forget. On September 11th, or any day. I think about it every day.

Jersey, I have never been back either. It was very hard for me. BUT, I cannot imagine your loss. I did not lose anyone close to me, but saw and talked to many who had. My heart goes out to you and may we never forget.

I tell people who say it was hard for them too see the images on CNN that if you were not there, if you did not see it yourself, OR smell it, then you know nothing. It was 2 years before the I could even use a BBQ. The smell of smoke made me sick.

Here are a few of my PERSONAL pictures. I am not in any of them. I do not post these to brag, but to remind and so that we never forget what happened. And to be selfish, it helps me when I share my story. Not too many people want to remember. It hurts too much, even 9 years later

NEVER FORGET!

sorry for the rant.

InstallingDishesfor911.jpg

NYC911-VeseySt.jpg

My boss at Vessy Street.

NYC911-ScottKeen.jpg

Edited by dipolley

I wasn't as close as JerseyGator but I worked in midtown back then. I rode the train in that morning and spoke to friends I never saw again. My next door neighbor worked at Browne Brothers right there and told me a story of moving all his people into the vault for safety. Another neighbor was on the phone with his wife when she almost got trampled to death when the stampede out of the PATH started. I'll never forget any of that - how could anyone? A true testament to the human spirit of how so many reacted and helped people get through that time - and its the type of thing that will effect 2 or 3 generations of people before the pain and suffering even starts to ease.

One thing that helped me get through it was the tribute album that George Winston did shortly after. I used to listen to that on the train rides. Really captured the mood of things at that time - you should look it up if you haven't heard it.

One thing that helped me get through it was the tribute album that George Winston did shortly after. I used to listen to that on the train rides. Really captured the mood of things at that time - you should look it up if you haven't heard it.

Hadn't heard of it... Will look it up.

• 2 months later...