Customer Service 866.965.0400

September 11th

Ashley@Adams

Seeing those photos invokes such incredible anger from me still today, 9 years later. What cowards, and how senseless to take out thousands of American civilians.

I sure hope we find Bin Laden, and I hope the soldier who does find him makes all Americans proud.

God bless our incredibly resilient country, and God bless all who have served, and lost their lives for us.

:patriot:

Seeing those photos invokes such incredible anger from me still today, 9 years later. What cowards, and how senseless to take out thousands of American civilians.

I sure hope we find Bin Laden, and I hope the soldier who does find him makes all Americans proud.

God bless our incredibly resilient country, and God bless all who have served, and lost their lives for us.

:patriot:

:iagree: Well said.

God Bless America.

A day to never be forgotten. To all the fallen and to all our men and women overseas.:patriot::jester: Well just to add some, I was laid off at the time and home. when the phone rang it was my sister inlaw saying someone had crashed a plane into the tower. I had turned on the news to my disbelief. Mind you all that this was just after the pilots had gotten busted for drinking and coke on the job. first thought was they could be drunk again. Then I saw the second plane hit. Still to this day even typing this i get chills. never forget..

Edited by grzfiend

It seems almost unreal that its been so many years already... I can remember waking up to a frantic call from my girlfriend at the time (now my wife) thru tears her saying "America is being attacked, turn on the news, I'm so scared" she was working for the FAA at the time at Ontario International Airport.

I turned on the news and just couldn't believe what I was seeing... I didn't know what to think - utterly speechless, angry, confused, scared, a whole rush of things going thru my head.

I had an advanced accounting exam that morning so I drove like a zombie to campus only to have the professor turn us away at the door and tell us to go home.

I will never forget the images from that morning... everything happening so far away, wanting so desperately to help, but feeling helpless to do anything.

It was the morning after wife (then Girlfriend) and my first date. She called me that morning, and said Id better turn on the TV. We stood there just starting at it, in complete shock. Our phones stopped ringing and business just ground to a halt, it was surreal, I remember the next phone call I got was from my cousin who was frantic, her father was supposed to be at a meeting at the Pentagon that AM. She was beside herself as she could not get a hold of him. He was diverted to a secondary secure location and was on lock down for awhile. He lost a good friend that day, so many did. So let us all remember that day, and never forget.

I was driving to work in DC when the airplane hit the Pentagon. All i saw was this big black thick smoke. When i got to the job site the GC was like job shut down everybody go home.

thanks to all who service this Country to keep us all safe.:patriot: AMEN

I posted this on grrr8.net. Mods: if this is inappropriate I will understand the deletion.

I had just brought the dog in before heading into the office and for some reason I turned the TV on. I was surprised to see the first tower burning. I sat there for a few minutes and then went to get my shoes on. I then violated three of my wife's house rules (no dog on couch, feet off of the coffee table and no shoes on the white berber.) I had my left foot up on the edge of the table just starting to tie my shoe when I saw the second plane hit. I dropped a few f bombs, freaked out the beagle and then tried calling my wife who was in the Police Academy at the time. I gave up and went to the office which is about a 5-7 minute drive away.

Before leaving I tossed my Colt Python and holster on the front seat of my truck and the rifle went in the back along with my backpack bail out bag. I didn't know what was happening that day, but wanted at least a little protection if the SHTF while on my commute or at the office. When I went in there were a lot of teary eyes and scared faces. My brother called and gave us updates all morning long. After the second tower fell the owner of the company gathered us all together one department at a time for a small talk and then led us in prayer. He offered any one that wanted to leave free time off for that day but oddly no one took him up on the offer.

I never got a hold of my wife that day, but she told me their instructors (a couple of FBI guys and the rest State Police) told them what had happened and sent them to their respective departments. The instructors took off immediately afterwards. My wife and her fellow officers were in full tactical gear and on high alert that day.

Late in the morning a coworker reminded me that one of our favorite accounts was flying overseas that day. They called us a couple weeks later and told us about being in the air and being forced to land. They said their pilot was real cool telling them they had to put down for a warning light and that there was nothing to worry about. The flight attendants behaved as if they didn't know about it. When they were coming in to land and saw airplanes all over the airfield they knew something was up. They were stranded in Moncton, NB (?) for quite a while. We also had a couple of coworkers that were flying to Hawaii that day, but they never took off from O'Hare. Instead they spent a lot of time on the taxiway and then went back to the terminal.

Our flag was already flying that day both at home and at the office. It was wonderful to see so many flags pop up that day, but it's a shame what it took to get that to happen. I put the flag up every morning both here and at the office and also take them down every evening. Please everyone, fly your flag EVERY day.

Here is a collage of the murder victims from 09-11-01:

P200336.jpg

The original can be found here: http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notablecases/moussaoui/exhibits/prosecution/P200336.html

A heartfelt Thank You to all that have served to keep the rest of us safe before, during AND after September 11, 2001, especially my niece who is in training in the US Army as a nurse. :patriot: Anna, no one is prouder of you than I am. :2thumbs:

well my perspective is a bit different then most on here because I am a firefighter/emt and as I first heard of the crash I thought of how the firefighters would do their jobs. then i heard of the second knew this was terrorists and watched in horror as those brothers died so terribly. anyone who was in the service especially serving at wartime who had someone they knew or knew of killed knows the feeling of brother/sisterhood and how it feels to lose them. I lost 343 firefighters several emts and several police officers that day it made me sick and couldnt comprehend the thought of losing all those firefighters. I spent time at ground zero for about 12 hours I saw all the ribbons and all the pictures on the fences, as we left the staging area for battery park people who didnt know us cheered us and held up signs and just yelled thankyou we love you. I stood by at battery park pier A until about 3 am (this is a couple days after nine eleven) will never forget what i saw and it still hurts today as much as then. I have only been able to listen to amazing grace on the bagpipes without crying for about the last two years and its hard to choke back but i can do it now. I still cant believe they came down I just cant.

I was at ground zero last month. They have it all fenced off so you can't see in. The government want us to forget. We can never do that. Those who lost their lives can never be forgotten.

I had the opportunity to visit Ground Zero back in April before my deployment. The fence is there to keep people out of the construction site. It's a standard safety practice. There is a building across the street from the site so people can observe the construction. It was a very sobering experience. Made us remember why we do what we do. Here are some pics. :patriot:

GroundZeroApril20101.jpg

GroundZeroApril2010.jpg

GroundZeroApril20102.jpg

Edited by Lunchbox