Customer Service 866.965.0400

BSG while waiting 12 hrs

DenaliDan

Question

13 answers to this question

are you seriously supposed to wait 12 hrs? Is that on the bottle? Man I'm luck if I wait an hour.

Yes, its like letting paint cure. The MSW has to release gasses and they can leave an oily or smeared looking finish that can easily be wiped away. That smeared look will be trapped if you seal it before the 12 hours is up.

Yes, its like letting paint cure. The MSW has to release gasses and they can leave an oily or smeared looking finish that can easily be wiped away. That smeared look will be trapped if you seal it before the 12 hours is up.

Oh you mean just if I am doing it after MSW?

I live in Florida and the humidity has an affect on the drying time, but I have never waited that long. In fact I normally remove it anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour after I applied it. Adam asked me on a post where I show a few pictures of my car after the application if I had any issues with a haze or residue when I removed it. I have never had an issue with it. I do not remove it by hand however. I use an old Adam trick, and use a plush microfiber towel and my pc. I lay the towel out fully opened on the surface then place the buffer on the towel almost in one corner and wrap the excess around the handle of the buffer. It will take a few towels, but it works great.

I have heard that if you have residue still on the finish a quick wipe down with Adams Detail spray will take care of it.

I live in Florida and the humidity has an affect on the drying time, but I have never waited that long. In fact I normally remove it anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour after I applied it. Adam asked me on a post where I show a few pictures of my car after the application if I had any issues with a haze or residue when I removed it. I have never had an issue with it. I do not remove it by hand however. I use an old Adam trick, and use a plush microfiber towel and my pc. I lay the towel out fully opened on the surface then place the buffer on the towel almost in one corner and wrap the excess around the handle of the buffer. It will take a few towels, but it works great.

I have heard that if you have residue still on the finish a quick wipe down with Adams Detail spray will take care of it.

The 12 hours everyone is speaking of is not the cure/dry time for the wax before you wipe off the residue. 12 hours after wiping off the residue, you should re-wipe the surface of the car because the superwax has oils in it that make their way to the surface of the wax after it dries. These oils cause a hazy look on the paint. If you put a second coat of wax on before waiting for the oils to come up and wipe them off, you'll trap them between the 2 layers of wax and the haziness will remain.

You are correct to let the wax cure for about half an hour in your climate, just be sure to go wipe down the car with an MF towel and a little bit of Detail Spray 12 hours later before putting on any more wax

Edited by GerryC