Customer Service 866.965.0400

OOPS! Messed up my orange and white pads.

GXPaycheck

Question

23 answers to this question

LOL, mine have been "drying" for 3 days and water still can be squeezed from them.

What is the proper way to dry them?

after rinsing them out wring as much of the water out as you can by hand then leave them out to dry... you shouldn't need them again inside of 2-3 days. I put mine face up on my grit gaurd and leave it on my work bench... usually by the end of the 2nd day they're dry as a bone unless its cold/rainy out.

Sorry for the dead pads! Try to re-clean them with APC and a hose. Then, ring them out, put them on the PC. Set the machine to 4, and let it rip just inside of your trash can. This will get about 75% of the water out.

Finally, set to dry in the sun. Mine dry in about 1-2 hours on a 75-80 degree summer day.

In the winter, it takes more like a day for them to dry, but I live in a dry climate, in the mtns.

Let me know if the pads come back after re-cleaning, and the lesson here:

DON'T store pads in plastic bags. No need.

Thanks!:patriot:

As Adam stated I put mine on the PC after washing them and put the pads into the wash bucket and turn on the PC. THAT will get the excess water out in no time which facilitates dry time.

I learned that trick from someone on here. Glad I did!

Chris

As Adam stated I put mine on the PC after washing them and put the pads into the wash bucket and turn on the PC. THAT will get the excess water out in no time which facilitates dry time.

I learned that trick from someone on here. Glad I did!

Chris

That's what I usually do, but the last time I used them was when my G110 died (drying the pads, incidentally. Probably why they were still wet). Factory defect on their part.

Adam, the orange pad cleaned up ok, but the white one I think is toast. I will try cleaning one more time. Can't make it any worse!

Edited by GXPaycheck

What is that AJ? Like a spin cycle on a washing machine? Interesting. :2thumbs:

It's a Pad Washer Bucket from Grit Guard. Makes washing the pads a much more enjoyable experience as compared to doing it by hand. You put the pad on your polisher and stick into the bucket. Press down on the Grit Guard to "prime" the pad and turn on the polisher (very low setting). Wo... all hell, here's a video!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iughThHr-H4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iughThHr-H4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hmmm, not sure about that one. Seems like it's just an Adam's bucket with a lip on to keep from getting wet. Stick something under a regular grit guard to keep it from going to the bottom and you've got it made. Looks like the spinning on the grit guard does the work. How do you rinse out the soap suds? Those were soap suds I saw in the bucket weren't they? Actually, how do you rinse anything out of it? No offense Junk, but that looks like a gadget to me rather than a necessity. But I've never seen one in actual use either.

Hmmm, not sure about that one. Seems like it's just an Adam's bucket with a lip on to keep from getting wet. Stick something under a regular grit guard to keep it from going to the bottom and you've got it made. Looks like the spinning on the grit guard does the work. How do you rinse out the soap suds? Those were soap suds I saw in the bucket weren't they? Actually, how do you rinse anything out of it? No offense Junk, but that looks like a gadget to me rather than a necessity. But I've never seen one in actual use either.

Take a look at this PDF file. It explains it in detail. I thought is was gimmicky too (felt the same way about the wash buckets), until I got one, Now I'm sold. You have to have one to appreciate it.