Customer Service 866.965.0400

Knocked Out 2 Detail Clinics This Weekend!

Junkman2008

Question

It was a very active weekend for me. I put on a detailing clinic at the Corvette Museum on Friday and then drove down to Paducah, Kentucky and put on another detailing clinic at the Corvettes on the River car show.

The turn out was outstanding for both although quite a few folks in Paducah were not familiar with the Adam's line. After I got done this weekend, they are now well aware of the power of Adam's products! I did quite a few demos and the local club members told me that I touched cars this weekend that the owners have never allowed to be touched, especially with a polisher!

The weather cooperated for the most part except when I left the Corvette plant. I got the car all nice and cleaned up and 10 miles after leaving the plant, a thunderstorm came through and thoroughly dirtied up the car.

Nice and clean at the museum...

bgweek1.jpg

... but by the time I arrived in Paducah, Blue Angel had eaten her share of bugs and dirt! :willy:

bgweek2.jpg

So that night, I stayed up to around 3:00 AM in the morning getting the ride back in pristine shape. After all, the Adam's detail guy can't be showing up with a dirty ride. I parked at my hotel and called it the night, only to wake up in the morning and find the car covered with this:

bgweek7.jpg

The sprinkler system had baptised the car. :(

Needless to say, it looked a mess and I had no way of getting it clean before I got to the show. :(

So off to the show I went, dirty car and all and got setup for a days worth of demos. It didn't take me long to get started and the folks were starving for info. Oddly enough, not a lot of folks in this part of Kentucky had heard of Adam's. By the end of the day, I made sure that was going to change.

Notice the inquisitive looks on their faces. "Three, country pea sized drops?" they pondered.

bgweek3.jpg

... working the Swirl and Haze Remover...

bgweek5.jpg

... and no more swirls or scratches in this area!

bgweek6.jpg

... and finally, touting the virtues of the Americana! I think here, I was saying that, "Yo' shine ain't gonna be nothin' like my shine!" :D

bgweek4.jpg

Of course after all the work was done, the big boys came out to eat. By now, you already know how I threw down!

bgweek10.jpg

I was joined by Big Steve (Krazytrain) and his lovely wife, along with the rest of the St. Louis crowd and the Paducah locals from the Four Rivers Corvette Club.

bgweek9.jpg

bgweek8.jpg

That was pretty much the weekend for the Junkman. I had the pleasure of being joined by a little friend of mine, Obike' Brewer (pronouced O-be-kay'). He wanted to see a bunch of Corvettes and between the plant and Paducah, he was not let down. At breakfast on Sunday morning, he decided to let me know what he learned over the weekend. Here's a short video of our talk. I was actually kinda shocked that he remembered what he did. He did better than most grown folks! It goes to show you that you have to be careful with what you do or say around kids. They soak up everything!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7xk5PgdQI&feature=plcp&context=C37ed155UDOEgsToPDskLzp3aFpIPst5K95wwVY6RN]Junkman & Obike' Detailing Review - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

23 answers to this question

When we are going to stay at a motel I put "their" towels on all of the sprinklers around where we park :2thumbs:

In the morning return the wet towels to the room. Works great :banana:

That's great for the places where you can see the sprinklers but most places are installing the ones that hide in the ground! :help:

That's great for the places where you can see the sprinklers but most places are installing the ones that hide in the ground! :help:

My car got nailed the other day too, really tweeks me out. AJ I will have to say that your paint has some of the clearest and nicest looking clearcoat that I've ever seen. The clarity in it is superb. Good job on the detail clinics!