Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from MD! Need a to-buy list!

MilesToEmpty

Hey everyone!

Ive floated around detailing sites for a while and have learned quite a bit.

I upset the girlfriend when I yelled at her for how she was washing her black Corolla... Ended with me doing a full by-hand detail job lol.

Anyway, Im a Subaru guy... Never been overly concerned about the paint since its old, but I plan on a repaint this winter in my garage so I want to stock up on the "real" detailing stuff.

Ive always used Mequires and Mothers soap, along with Simple green. Ive used Adam's products here and there in the little bottles and have always loved the results.

But since my inventory of wash, wax, mits, etc is coming near empty... figured I would restock with all Adam's products this time!

So I begin here:

I have a Makita 9227CX3 buffer. NEVER used it before.

**NEED pads and polish! Help me out :)

I have a Snap-On 1750 Electric Pressure washer. I usually pour the soap into the unit... but I think something is getting clogged since its not mixing the soap in good... Maybe what Im using is to thick.

I was hoping to pickup a foam gun for the pressure washer... Can anyone suggest one? I havent seen Adam's selling one.

I have a black, and a white subaru impreza. The paint is in rough shape on both. I actually dont think there is any clear coat left on the white one. And the black one was seriously keyed on the passenger side down to the paint.

Interior on the Black Impreza is black fabric w/ blue Alcantra.

Interior on the White Impreza is black mesh fabric.

Both have Gold painted wheels.

My father has a Silver Tundra, and a Dark Gray Prius.

Interior on the Tundra is Gray Leather.

Interior on the Prius is Gray Fabric.

My mother has a Gold Odyssey.

Interior is Tan Fabric.

Wheel finish is severely corroded.

Here's a photo that shows how bad teh paint on the right side of my one impreza has faded/ scratched up:

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

Picture2-1.png

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

**Anyway, I need soap, wax, and pads! Interior cleaner, tire cleaner, etc.

hello1combine.gif:hi::hi:

Might I suggest you go check out the Shop Online link at the top of this page and see what new products Adam's offer.

You should also go watch some of Junkman's & Adam's videos. Great tips and advice! :2thumbs:

Here is the foam gun that Adam's offers:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-385-adams-super-foamy-car-wash-gun-bonus.aspx

The Essentials Kit will get you everything you need to get started by hand. But they best way to get exactly what you need is to call Ashley and explain to her what you are looking to do and she'll put together an order for you :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

customer-service.gif

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-adams-essentials-car-detail-kit.aspx

Hey everyone!

Ive floated around detailing sites for a while and have learned quite a bit.

I upset the girlfriend when I yelled at her for how she was washing her black Corolla... Ended with me doing a full by-hand detail job lol.

Anyway, I'm a Subaru guy... Never been overly concerned about the paint since its old, but I plan on a repaint this winter in my garage so I want to stock up on the "real" detailing stuff.

Ive always used Mequires and Mothers soap, along with Simple green. Ive used Adam's products here and there in the little bottles and have always loved the results.

But since my inventory of wash, wax, mits, etc is coming near empty... figured I would restock with all Adam's products this time!

So I begin here:

I have a Makita 9227CX3 buffer. NEVER used it before.

**NEED pads and polish! Help me out :)

My first question to you is are you a professional detailer? I have that same exact buffer and it is in no way the direction to go in if you are not a experienced detailer who is very familiar with that unit. I have yet to use it once without leaving holograms. Then again, I am not a experienced detailer. I highly recommend the Porter-Cable 7424 which just happens to come with my paint correction kit. :thumbsup:

I have a Snap-On 1750 Electric Pressure washer. I usually pour the soap into the unit... but I think something is getting clogged since its not mixing the soap in good... Maybe what Im using is to thick.

A pressure washer is fools gold. You cannot power off all the dirt on a car thus, a regular water hose is all you need. The shape of the paint on your cars should be a hint...

I was hoping to pickup a foam gun for the pressure washer... Can anyone suggest one? I havent seen Adam's selling one.

Got one right here, along with a gallon of Car Shampoo. :thumbsup:

I have a black, and a white subaru impreza. The paint is in rough shape on both. I actually dont think there is any clear coat left on the white one. And the black one was seriously keyed on the passenger side down to the paint.

Interior on the Black Impreza is black fabric w/ blue Alcantra.

Interior on the White Impreza is black mesh fabric.

Both have Gold painted wheels.

My father has a Silver Tundra, and a Dark Gray Prius.

Interior on the Tundra is Gray Leather.

Interior on the Prius is Gray Fabric.

My mother has a Gold Odyssey.

Interior is Tan Fabric.

Wheel finish is severely corroded.

**Anyway, I need soap, wax, and pads! Interior cleaner, tire cleaner, etc.

My kit has everything that you need to get started on the exterior of your cars. I of course, highly recommend. :thumbsup:

JM he is talking about a foam gun that attaches to his powerwasher.

There is nothing wrong with doing some pre rinsing with a low pressure spray. Why would you say that your white car doesn't have any clear left? If your clear was peeling off you could tell as there would be no gloss in those parts.

While Adam's does have an adaptor so you can use your rotary with their pads do NOT pick up that rotary. Rotary's are for experienced users only.

Was the side of your black car repainted?

Thanks for the reply's.

First off, I dont pressure wash and of the cars, straight on.

Stand 5 feet away with is spraying in a fan pattern, its the easiest way for me to keep the car damp while I was it. And its the best way to get the mud off the truck after coming back from our cabin. The reason I got it was for a foam gun.

As for the condition of the paints on the cars, The truck and prius are in 100% perfect condition. Not a scratch anywhere on them, or swirl mark.

My white Subaru the paint is just "dull" Ive been directed to wet sand the whole car. Then do the whole buffing process.

The black Subaru is 75% better condition then when I bought it (body wise seeing i built the car.) Its a black with a purple/red pearl in it.

The whole passenger side of the car was covered in a green gunk, that I had to use Simple Green and some other cleaners on multiple times to get off.

Whatever it was really messed the paint up. It feels sandpaperish, and has no real shine.

The drivers side, after about 2 hours of claybaring the front fender, revealed a very scratched up shiny paint. This side was not gunk covered, but was brown. Issue was not caused by the cleaners I was using. Got them from my buddy at Honda.

PaintColor.png

^My sad paint.

I would consider a full Adams kit, if I could sell my Makita. Ill put it up on some forums to see if I get any bites.

You would probably sell the Makita faster if you contacted some of your local, mobile detail guys. That thing is a monster. It's like trying to buff the car with the Tasmanian Devil, and that's not a good thing. Then there's the holograms. What a nightmare.

eBay is a good source too but I like seeing my money as soon as my item leaves my hand.