Customer Service 866.965.0400

Colorado Is Beautiful

70'sChevyGirl

My cousin and his kids took a trip to Colorado to go Elk Hunting and he sent me some pics so I thought I'd share.

I have never been to Colorado but it sure does look like somewhere I'd like to go. I love seeing beautiful natural scenes that are not Man Made.

7423_625765139738_25707787_35155868.jpg

7423_625765184648_25707787_35155877.jpg

7423_625768208588_25707787_35156028.jpg

7423_625768243518_25707787_35156035.jpg

Here is the beast. I didn't realize that this animal was so big!!

7423_625763383258_25707787_35155812.jpg

Now I feel like I need a vacation. :lolsmack:

Sometimes they draw and quarter the elk so it can be carried out. No kidding. I don't think it's as big as it appears in the picture...a wide angle lens with the elk close to the camera and a deep depth of field (small aperture) can make it look bigger than it really is. With that said, they are still very large animals and can weigh upwards to 600-700 lbs.

Edited by Toms94

We love Colorado too! Moved here nearly 2 1/2 years ago, and haven't looked back. Great mountain biking, skiing, and best of all, the weather is fantastic. More sunny days than San Diego!

Here are some recent Colorado images, most are at our house, and the the hiking shot is of Mt. Sanitas, the trail head about 800 yards from home. The GT photo is a friend, Mike, who took this photo the day after we detailed the car in our garage::thumbsup:

We loved Colorado. We were stationed there for 2 years. Well I should say that my family was there for 2 years. I split my time between there and Iraq. When I came back from Iraq we took a trip to Buena Vista Colorado for a week and we had a blast. Here are some pictures:

My wife and I on the deck of out cabin:

us.jpg

Us outside of St. Elmo's ghost town:

jeep.jpg

Continental Divide:

top.jpg

Rafting on the Arkansas River (my 2 boys are next to me and my wife is behind me with the bright orange vest):

WW.jpg

Rob

Edited by OIF Vet

Looks like a beautiful place. Almost as pretty as Pennsylvania.

Almost. :jester:

I think what's missing are the corn fields :lolsmack:

We tried to keep count of how many we passed between Carlisle and the hotel, but it was just too overwhelming :jester:

I think what's missing are the corn fields :lolsmack:

We tried to keep count of how many we passed between Carlisle and the hotel, but it was just too overwhelming :jester:

Eastern Pa is totally different in landscape than western Pa. This side has mountains and state parks, rapids, and fall leaves that look like a watercolor painting. It really is a beautiful state. A lot like Colorado. I just live in a part that has incredibly crappy weather. But from the looks of the pictures of Colorado, I wouldn't think it would be bad to live there either. Beautiful country.:thumbsup:

Colorado is one state that I would like to visit. I have even thought of visiting every state (over a several year period).

Just a few of the leaves have started to change colors here. The fall colors is what I enjoy about living in this part of the state here.