Customer Service 866.965.0400

Boiling towels???

KrazyTrain

Question

I have noticed latly that i am getting a little lint on everything after i use my plush blue microfiber towels. I wash them with woolite by themselves and air dry them.

I have read that you guys sometimes boil your rags??? how do i do this do i just put a pot of water on the stove and put them in there till it boils and pull them out?

Could the lint in areas also be a sign that i am due for a clay??? It has been a little over a year since i last clayed my vette. I need to check with a baggie when i get home i guess.

I went with our club to a boy scout meeting to let the kids see our corvettes last night and under the outside lights i could see lint all over the cars hood??? i had just washed and detail sprayed the car the night before.

if you're getting lint from towels that have already been washed then you should definitely do the bag test to see if you need clay. I waited a year in between claying on my vette and even though it didn't feel like it needed it again, I did a little spot to see anyway and was surprised at how much stuff came off. Give it a shot

As for boiling, I think that's only if the towels lose their softness, I've never done it before

Good morning Steve and Gerry! It's a good plan to see if the car is ready to clay again, that can grab fibers. Still, are these towels that are older, or newer? Did they used to 'non-lint' and now, are starting to lint?

These plush MF towels have looooong fibers, which are softer than anything. They are also more prone to lint, apparently, with such fibers.

Working on that now . . . . . . . .

I got a new phone the other day and was detailing it before putting on the Zagg clear armor (like they use on the military helicopter blades) and I too noticed the small fibers all over the phone. Believe it or not... I grabbed a cheap Auto-Zone MF towel that I've had laying around and used it without any issues.

Kinda bummed over that one.

Chris

Good morning Steve and Gerry! It's a good plan to see if the car is ready to clay again, that can grab fibers. Still, are these towels that are older, or newer? Did they used to 'non-lint' and now, are starting to lint?

These plush MF towels have looooong fibers, which are softer than anything. They are also more prone to lint, apparently, with such fibers.

Working on that now . . . . . . . .

Ive had these towels a few months. I never noticed it before this last wash.

I wash only my microfibers together. With that said i wash my WW towel and my drying towels with the plush blue towels.... That is correct isnt it? They are all microfiber so i figure they can all go together.

By the way Adam i love the hat you gave me in Carlisle :thumbsup:. That would be a awsome addition to the website for purchase. You wouldnt believe how many people at cars shows have been asking me what Adams is...:willy: Im meeting with 10 people from my club Saturday and giving a small demonstration.... should be fun.

It was good to meet you :thumbsup:

Ive had these towels a few months. I never noticed it before this last wash.

I wash only my microfibers together. With that said i wash my WW towel and my drying towels with the plush blue towels.... That is correct isnt it? They are all microfiber so i figure they can all go together.

By the way Adam i love the hat you gave me in Carlisle :thumbsup:. That would be a awsome addition to the website for purchase. You wouldnt believe how many people at cars shows have been asking me what Adams is...:willy: Im meeting with 10 people from my club Saturday and giving a small demonstration.... should be fun.

It was good to meet you :thumbsup:

You are the man Steve, and I really enjoyed hanging with you as well. If I didn't have camera men on me all weekend, we could have hung out a little more. Next time!:thumbsup:

Thanks for all you do for us Steve, and your hat is one of 25 that I had made for Hot August Nights in Reno. It's ultra-lightweight, and I'm glad you liked it.

As for the towels, how many are doing this? I'm thinking we need to look into this trend. Shoot me an email with your address, and we'll send replacements. You can send yours back to me, and I'll experiment to see what's going on.

Cool? Again, a million thanks my friend! :bow::bow:

Edited by Adam

If lint is an issue, I'm thinking that they need to be washed again. I have never had any issues after the first wash. However, if you wash those blue towels with anything, be prepared for who knows what. I don't even wash my drying towels with the plush blue towels for fear of cross-contamination.

I would wash them again, alone of course and see if they still produce lint. You can throw them in the dryer with absolutely no heat at all in order to fluff them again, and to catch any lint that may be left over from the wash.

All right before we waste any money or time sending them back let me wash them by themselves this weekend without anything else. I will throw them in the wash tonight and try them out tomorrow after i wash the truck and see what happens. Maybe its because iw ash them with the drying towels and WW towels.

Thanks for the help everyone and i will keep you posted. There are several threads about this and i alwasy thought people were crazy (or just doing something wrong) till it happened to me and i thought i was doing everything right.

If lint is an issue, I'm thinking that they need to be washed again. I have never had any issues after the first wash. However, if you wash those blue towels with anything, be prepared for who knows what. I don't even wash my drying towels with the plush blue towels for fear of cross-contamination.

I would wash them again, alone of course and see if they still produce lint. You can throw them in the dryer with absolutely no heat at all in order to fluff them again, and to catch any lint that may be left over from the wash.

I'm with you AJ....I wash mine separate from each other:2thumbs:

Ok folks. What is the procedure for boiling the towels? Step by step please.:help:

Most microfiber suppliers recommend warm water only for washing and low heat dry.

If you have problems with absorbency trying soaking in some warm water with diluted APC.

I have noticed latly that i am getting a little lint on everything after i use my plush blue microfiber towels. I wash them with woolite by themselves and air dry them.

I have read that you guys sometimes boil your rags??? how do i do this do i just put a pot of water on the stove and put them in there till it boils and pull them out?

Could the lint in areas also be a sign that i am due for a clay??? It has been a little over a year since i last clayed my vette. I need to check with a baggie when i get home i guess.

I went with our club to a boy scout meeting to let the kids see our corvettes last night and under the outside lights i could see lint all over the cars hood??? i had just washed and detail sprayed the car the night before.

Ive been having the same problem. In Fact that's what i came on the Adams forum to ask about. I never had a problem with lint before. But Its been getting worse. I have the old towels and new towels and they are both acting up. So last night i clayed my truck and when i wiped it down it was still covered in lint. I too am looking for any advice that can be provided!

Ive been having the same problem. In Fact that's what i came on the Adams forum to ask about. I never had a problem with lint before. But Its been getting worse. I have the old towels and new towels and they are both acting up. So last night i clayed my truck and when i wiped it down it was still covered in lint. I too am looking for any advice that can be provided!

See my answer on post #9.

You are the man Steve, and I really enjoyed hanging with you as well. If I didn't have camera men on me all weekend, we could have hung out a little more. Next time!:thumbsup:

Thanks for all you do for us Steve, and your hat is one of 25 that I had made for Hot August Nights in Reno. It's ultra-lightweight, and I'm glad you liked it.

As for the towels, how many are doing this? I'm thinking we need to look into this trend. Shoot me an email with your address, and we'll send replacements. You can send yours back to me, and I'll experiment to see what's going on.

Cool? Again, a million thanks my friend! :bow::bow:

Sorry for the big delay, i just sent you an email. I have tried all the suggestions and still seem to be have the same issue..... Thanks for everything Adam

Steve

Sorry to revive this old thread, but did this lint issue ever get resolved?

I have been quite disappointed with Cobra and Meguiar's towels due to lint issues just like this and neither company can pinpoint why the towels are linting. Personally, I think there are more linting towels out there than complainers, you just don't notice so much on light colored cars unless you get in the right lighting (or WRONG lighting depending on how you look at it).

This is what brought me to Adams in the first place. Specifically, the waterless wash WW towels, and they are great! I'm not surprised though since WW towels don't seem to suffer the linting issues from ANY company because they don't have "split" microfibers like all the super plush towels do. I was thinking of trying the Adam's plush towels but now I am hesitant. WW is working so well for me. Can't I just use the WW for everything, including polish removal?

Edited by Junkman2008