Customer Service 866.965.0400

Boiling towels???

KrazyTrain

Question

I have noticed latly that i am getting a little lint on everything after i use my plush blue microfiber towels. I wash them with woolite by themselves and air dry them.

I have read that you guys sometimes boil your rags??? how do i do this do i just put a pot of water on the stove and put them in there till it boils and pull them out?

Could the lint in areas also be a sign that i am due for a clay??? It has been a little over a year since i last clayed my vette. I need to check with a baggie when i get home i guess.

I went with our club to a boy scout meeting to let the kids see our corvettes last night and under the outside lights i could see lint all over the cars hood??? i had just washed and detail sprayed the car the night before.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but did this lint issue ever get resolved?

I have been quite disappointed with Cobra and Meguiar's towels due to lint issues just like this and neither company can pinpoint why the towels are linting. Personally, I think there are more linting towels out there than complainers, you just don't notice so much on light colored cars unless you get in the right lighting (or WRONG lighting depending on how you look at it).

This is what brought me to Adams in the first place. Specifically, the waterless wash WW towels, and they are great! I'm not surprised though since WW towels don't seem to suffer the linting issues from ANY company because they don't have "split" microfibers like all the super plush towels do. I was thinking of trying the Adam's plush towels but now I am hesitant. WW is working so well for me. Can't I just use the WW for everything, including polish removal?

Any brand new plush towel will most likely have lint from the manufacturing process. This is easily remedied by properly washing the towel with like towels first, before using them. If you mix them with regular laundry (especially regular towels), you will make the problem SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

Wash before use and any lint issue will be avoided.

Any brand new plush towel will most likely have lint from the manufacturing process. This is easily remedied by properly washing the towel with like towels first, before using them. If you mix them with regular laundry (especially regular towels), you will make the problem SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

Wash before use and any lint issue will be avoided.

:iagree: With AJ!:2thumbs: