Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Want To Be a Pilot

70'sChevyGirl

This looks like a ton of fun. :D

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/8e8_1253283870"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/8e8_1253283870" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Trust me, 99.9% of flying is boring. The key words in your statement are "LOOKS LIKE" fun.

Yea, but I think you want your flying time to be boring. The alternative is panic and disaster! :cheers:

I went up once with a buddy in his Yakovlev-18. It's a Russian-built 2-seat trainer. They're now popular with guys who like to do aerobatics. We did a few loops and rolls, and let me tell you THAT was a blast. Below is a pic of a Yak-18; it's not the one I was in but it's similar.

1547652.jpg

This looks like a ton of fun. :D

Very cool video!! Just need some :lurk: when watching it.

Trust me, 99.9% of flying is boring. The key words in your statement are "LOOKS LIKE" fun.

When ever my son took me flying, it was never boring. From going to lunch or just sight seeing, we had fun!!

Yea, but I think you want your flying time to be boring. The alternative is panic and disaster! :cheers:

I went up once with a buddy in his Yakovlev-18. It's a Russian-built 2-seat trainer. They're now popular with guys who like to do aerobatics. We did a few loops and rolls, and let me tell you THAT was a blast. Below is a pic of a Yak-18; it's not the one I was in but it's similar.

1547652.jpg

Bet that was a blast to ride in. There are some in my house that would love to have a ride in something like that.

I take it you've never done this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNWCSE9BaW0 before.

Fixed wing arobatics is fun, don't get me wrong, I would love to dog fight one day in one of those "laser dog fights".

But at those altitudes you have motion parallax. When you go 400mph at 20,000' it doesn't seem very fast, in fact any airspeed above 1000' seems slow. And G's can actually be quite exhausting and painfull (especially negative G's), and so can all the altitude/pressure changes.

But going 100mph at 5-20' above the trees is a quite a rush. Minimal G-loading (just enough to enjoy) and no altitude/pressure change.

Edited by nooner

I take it you've never done this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNWCSE9BaW0 before.

Fixed wing arobatics is fun, don't get me wrong, I would love to dog fight one day in one of those "laser dog fights".

But at those altitudes you have motion parallax. When you go 400mph at 20,000' it doesn't seem very fast, in fact any airspeed above 1000' seems slow. And G's can actually be quite exhausting and painfull (especially negative G's), and so can all the altitude/pressure changes.

But going 100mph at 5-20' above the trees is a quite a rush. Minimal G-loading (just enough to enjoy) and no altitude/pressure change.

Wonder how many times he has flown that to know where each and every tree is.

Teresa, If you want G's, buy an hours ride with a qualified aerobatics pilot. It's worth every penny. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

I flew for a commercial airline for 7 years. Some of it was boring. Most of it was awesome.

I loved flying. I loved the lifestyle, I loved the travel, I loved the fringe benefits and I loved the job. :cheers:

The closest I'll ever be to flying a plane is watching re-runs of Top Gun on the movie channels. I flew an old WW2 fighter jet and I almost passed out in my first 4 G pull. That was 5 minutes into the flight. You can imagine how I felt the rest of the flight. haha

I do however want to learn to fly a helicopter.

You want to learn to fly...

Every flight as a flight student is exciting, though the first few landings/take-offs can also be intimidating/terrifying. But still a whole lot of fun. :)

Being part of the crew of a B-24 bomber during air shows is great!

The G's are tolerable, the flight is fun and reasonably close to earth. And if you happen to be on a military base, you are treated like a rock star!