Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is this...

694doorbird

Question

21 answers to this question

I don't think it's too much, just make sure you use enough WW to saturate the areas so you aren't dragging dry dirt across the car with the towel. If you want, you can give it a quick blast with the hose. I know that defeats the whole 'waterless' purpose but it's a safer way if you think it's too much dirt. Looking at the picture you should be fine in my opinion

Hard to tell from the picture but is there sand mixed in on the bumper ? If so I would do a regular wash. Road film and dust is a YES, sand or mud is a big NO !!!!

Thanks,

I would say it's mostly dirt and other stuff picked up while driving in a downpour. I'll most likely wait until my order gets here and the car gets detailed before washing it.

The back bumper on my challenger has the same problem. In fact, I'm going to WW the car after I eat dinner in a few. If the car is simply dusty, like mine, I'll use WW. If the car actually has dirt on it, I'll wash it. In essence, if I were you, I would just wash her.

Looks just like my Impala bumper. I've used it on it when it was even dirtier than that. Go for it. You'll be fine as long as, like Bill said, there's no sand mixed in there. And you'll be impressed and amazed by the results. :cheers:

Hard to tell from the picture but is there sand mixed in on the bumper ? If so I would do a regular wash. Road film and dust is a YES, sand or mud is a big NO !!!!

:iagree: Like Bill said if it is gritty you better wash,if not gritty I would spray alot of WCW on the real dirty areas!:2thumbs: Make sure you fold your towel and turn it often!

i feel like WW is unsafe. i just cant bring myself to rub a nice clean Adam's towel across my paint, wiping away dirt... i cant imagine what is worse, wiping dust or dirt with an Adam's MF or Wiping dirt off my paint?

Maybe you should try it first. I have a black Vette and a red Impala that I use it on. I'm not about to use anything that 's going to hurt $100K in paint!

Edited by C6Bill

i feel like WW is unsafe. i just cant bring myself to rub a nice clean Adam's towel across my paint, wiping away dirt... i cant imagine what is worse, wiping dust or dirt with an Adam's MF or Wiping dirt off my paint?

When used properly it is extremely safe. You wouldn't use it on an extremely dirty vehicle.

Great thread! So, here is the somewhat EXTREME way to the most damage-free wash:

(Before I begin, please note: I don't do this. Rather, I detail my vehicles twice each year, and Paste Wax monthly to keep our vehicles looking great.)

Scratch minimizing washing:

1. Blow debris off the car with an air compressor, leaf blower, vacuum exhaust, etc. Pay special attention to the rear of the vehicle, and anywhere dirt can set.
  2. Slowly rinse the vehicle with a 2,000 psi power washer. (Think coin-op wash if you don't have a PW.)
  3. Foam the entire vehicle down with a Foam Gun, and our PH neutral, super sudsy Car Shampoo.
  4. Fill a bucket with 2oz of our Car Shampoo, and a new wash pad.
  5. Using an older wash pad can scratch, especially if it has developed little dreadlocks. Typical Adam's Premium Wash Pad lifespan: 15-20 washes. After that, make it a wheel, engine, and wheel well wash pad. (3 wash pads per year is a small investment to make in keeping your finish perfect.)
  6. Spray water into the bucket to create lots of suds.
  7. Rinse again.
  8. Spray a fine mist of our Detail Spray over the entire vehicle.
  9. Use the compressor, vacuum, leaf blower, etc, to remove the majority of water from the cracks, crevices, emblems, moldings, mirrors, etc.
  10. Using our Waffle MF Drying towels, start high, and finish drying the vehicle.

I could go on, and on, and on. . . . . . . .

By the time you rinse again, then dry the car, there will likely be some very fine scratches, it's just about unavoidable.

Washing with the Waterless Wash is safe, as that's almost all I use on our and on a vehicle that has not been driven in rain, mud, snow, etc, you will find that the potential for scratches is only slightly higher.

My Waterless Wash technique. (This is my exclusive, in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.)

1. Go to the coin wash, hit the wheels, tires, and wheel wells with our Green Wheel Cleaner.
  2. Blast them with the pressure washer.
  3. Spray the bugs with Waterless Wash, and don't wipe.
  4. Spray and wipe the remainder of the vehicle with the Waterless Wash.
  5. VRT the trim, rubber, and tires.
  6. Drive happy and shining!:rockon:

Great thread! So, here is the somewhat EXTREME way to the most damage-free wash:

(Before I begin, please note: I don't do this. Rather, I detail my vehicles twice each year, and Paste Wax monthly to keep our vehicles looking great.)

Scratch minimizing washing:

1. Blow debris off the car with an air compressor, leaf blower, vacuum exhaust, etc. Pay special attention to the rear of the vehicle, and anywhere dirt can set.
  2. Slowly rinse the vehicle with a 2,000 psi power washer. (Think coin-op wash if you don't have a PW.)
  3. Foam the entire vehicle down with a Foam Gun, and our PH neutral, super sudsy Car Shampoo.
  4. Fill a bucket with 2oz of our Car Shampoo, and a new wash pad.
  5. Using an older wash pad can scratch, especially if it has developed little dreadlocks. Typical Adam's Premium Wash Pad lifespan: 15-20 washes. After that, make it a wheel, engine, and wheel well wash pad. (3 wash pads per year is a small investment to make in keeping your finish perfect.)
  6. Spray water into the bucket to create lots of suds.
  7. Rinse again.
  8. Spray a fine mist of our Detail Spray over the entire vehicle.
  9. Use the compressor, vacuum, leaf blower, etc, to remove the majority of water from the cracks, crevices, emblems, moldings, mirrors, etc.
  10. Using our Waffle MF Drying towels, start high, and finish drying the vehicle.

I could go on, and on, and on. . . . . . . .

so dont wipe the DS off?

By the time you rinse again, then dry the car, there will likely be some very fine scratches, it's just about unavoidable.

Washing with the Waterless Wash is safe, as that's almost all I use on our and on a vehicle that has not been driven in rain, mud, snow, etc, you will find that the potential for scratches is only slightly higher.

My Waterless Wash technique. (This is my exclusive, in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.)

1. Go to the coin wash, hit the wheels, tires, and wheel wells with our Green Wheel Cleaner.

dont wipe the WW off with the bugs?

Correct, and correct! :cheers:When you dry the car with the MF Waffle Drying towel, it will be perfect.

You let the Waterless Wash sit on the bugs to loosen them, while you complete the rest of the vehicle.

Last, come back and remove them, and they will just fall off in the towel!

Thanks!:2thumbs:

Correct, and correct! :cheers:When you dry the car with the MF Waffle Drying towel, it will be perfect.

You let the Waterless Wash sit on the bugs to loosen them, while you complete the rest of the vehicle.

Last, come back and remove them, and they will just fall off in the towel!

Thanks!:2thumbs:

cool! what if the DS drys on the car...

I have to remember this,maybe laminate it:thumbsup: