Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gen II pads Textured?

iceboi714

Question

I got them a while back when they first came out but haven't used it much yet. I've been doing it by hand mostly. I notice the Gen II pads now are different from the ones I have. They have the new textured face like the 4in pads. Is there a big difference between the 2?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I also have the untextured Gen2 pads and after feeling the material of the textured ones at Carlisle I much prefer the untextured ones. With the untextured ones you can feel a significant difference in the density of the foam of each of the pads, the orange is very stiff in comparison to the white, whereas with the newer textured pads, let's just say that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if I was feeling them with my eyes closed.

While there is nothing inherently wrong with the untextured pads the hex cut ones have a big advantage... the hex cut allows the pads to conform better to contours and keep maximum surface contact, the cut acts as a heatsync releasing unwanted heat, and it also helps to ensure more even product distribution across the face of the pad.

Again, not that there was anything wrong with the non-cut pads, its just that the hex cut is an improvement on an already good idea.