Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing wax from black plastic

rha600

Question

I posted this someplace else in here a long time ago but not that I see we've got this forum...

I know there are a few ways, but I use an ordinary pencil eraser to remove the dried wax from black plastic trim. It works best if you buy one of those block erasers but you can really get into the tight spaces with them.

I posted this someplace else in here a long time ago but not that I see we've got this forum...

I know there are a few ways, but I use an ordinary pencil eraser to remove the dried wax from black plastic trim. It works best if you buy one of those block erasers but you can really get into the tight spaces with them.

I use Green Wheel Cleaner and a soft toothbrush, but I've heard some other wild ideas that apparently work great, peanut oil being one.

O.K. I am a new guy and please forgive me for saying this. I know we are to be discrete when it comes to other companies products. That being said Turtle wax ice full stength not the detail junk but the full strength stuff makes white marks go away. I bought some years ago cause it was suppose to be the best thing going. They lied it's junk on paint but it does makes the white marks go away.

Right on Ben, and another easy way to remove it: Use VRT before you wax the vehicle! (Avoid it in the first place altogether!)

Next, if you already have the wax on the plastic, using All Purpose Cleaner on a microfiber towel is a very easy, and safe way to remove the residue.

Again, you should never have this problem, as using VRT on the plastic and rubber before waxing is the correct order, and one that will allow you not to duplicate efforts.

Happy New Year!:banana:

Right on Ben, and another easy way to remove it: Use VRT before you wax the vehicle! (Avoid it in the first place altogether!)

Next, if you already have the wax on the plastic, using All Purpose Cleaner on a microfiber towel is a very easy, and safe way to remove the residue.

Again, you should never have this problem, as using VRT on the plastic and rubber before waxing is the correct order, and one that will allow you not to duplicate efforts.

Happy New Year!:banana:

:iagree::D

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I used to use Mothers Back to Black to solve that problem. Haven't seen a product from Adam's for that - unless VRT replaces In and Out Spray.

Need to treat the black trim under my wiper arms on my Vette. Nic used In/Out on it since he still has 2 cans... but.. that was October.

I used to use Mothers Back to Black to solve that problem. Haven't seen a product from Adam's for that - unless VRT replaces In and Out Spray.

Need to treat the black trim under my wiper arms on my Vette. Nic used In/Out on it since he still has 2 cans... but.. that was October.

I actually prefer the finish of VRT to Back to Black. I find B to B dulls after about a day, were VRT stays black.

I use Peanut Oil when I have this problem, which I don't since I started using VRT.