Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing wax from black plastic

rha600

Question

I posted this someplace else in here a long time ago but not that I see we've got this forum...

I know there are a few ways, but I use an ordinary pencil eraser to remove the dried wax from black plastic trim. It works best if you buy one of those block erasers but you can really get into the tight spaces with them.

IME the peanut butter thing doesn't actually work... your simply letting the oils combine with the dried wax to make it liquid again. If when the surface dries out the wax will turn white again.

APC and a tooth brush, work in a small circular pattern, blast with DS when done to neutralize the cleaner and then treat the area with VRT... done deal

Guest Gone & Forgotten

So it's VRT&P?

Wasn't aware VRT would treat my exterior plastic, thanks for the tip. Will try some after the thaw.

So it's VRT&P?

Wasn't aware VRT would treat my exterior plastic, thanks for the tip. Will try some after the thaw.

Absolutely, In&Out was just an aerosol version of VRT :2thumbs:

Some people have had good luck mixing it 50/50 with distilled water for getting into hard to reach places :rockon:

I actually prefer the finish of VRT to Back to Black. I find B to B dulls after about a day, were VRT stays black.

I use Peanut Oil when I have this problem, which I don't since I started using VRT.

I would have to agree with this too. VRT is not as greasy either if you use the right amount.

O.K. I am a new guy and please forgive me for saying this. I know we are to be discrete when it comes to other companies products. That being said Turtle wax ice full stength not the detail junk but the full strength stuff makes white marks go away. I bought some years ago cause it was suppose to be the best thing going. They lied it's junk on paint but it does makes the white marks go away.

+1

I bought Ice when I was on vacation to do a family members car. Worked horribly on the paint, but was FANTASTIC for all black surfaces (trims, tires, wheel wells, etc...) But even on the black it doesn't hold up long at all. Will use it till it's gone. Then will by VRT.

FYI: Our dealer in Littleton Colorado, Car Care of Colorado, has a few cases of In & Out left. . . . . .

:thumbsup:

When do you plan to replace the In & Out spray with a new product.

I loved the way it worked. I see in this thread that VRT in a spray bottle cut 50/50 should do the same thing?

+1

I bought Ice when I was on vacation to do a family members car. Worked horribly on the paint, but was FANTASTIC for all black surfaces (trims, tires, wheel wells, etc...) But even on the black it doesn't hold up long at all. Will use it till it's gone. Then will by VRT.

That kinda gives you an idea of the amount of fillers in that product. It reminds me a waxing a car with Vaseline. Anything with that type of consistency will work on black, including Vaseline and peanut oil for those of you using peanut butter. None of that stuff is probably good for your black trim; I could see it possibly discoloring over time. If you want to use something that is actually made for rubber trim, dielectric grease is what is recommended. The only problem is a tube of that stuff small enough to fit in your shirt pocket cost as much as one bottle of VRT. Not the most economic choice with as much rubber on most cars today.