Customer Service 866.965.0400

Next Corvette (C7) to get split-window!

Marylander

worked for me.

I'm confused as to why the Z28 camaro is going to get the 556hp blown setup when the SS is still NA... traditionally the pecking order has been RS - Z28 - SS... seems like they're flipping the SS and Z28 for some reason. <z28><ss.></ss.></z28>

I was wondering about that, too. Besides, isn't the Z28 technically supposed to be more of a track/handling car, and the SS is/was straight-line muscle (historically speaking, if you go way back to when each was introduced)???

I really like the split window 63 Vette!!

I am really wanting to see how this new split window looks. I will keep my eyes open for it while driving around the Metro area. I have seen a few cars that I probably shouldn't have.

The 63 is my favorite vette.

The split rear window isn't the easiest to see through while seated

worked for me.

I'm confused as to why the Z28 camaro is going to get the 556hp blown setup when the SS is still NA... traditionally the pecking order has been RS - Z28 - SS... seems like they're flipping the SS and Z28 for some reason. <Z28><SS.></SS.></Z28>

Huh?? I was just sitting in an SS today. My brother is buying a silver SS from our local dealer, and I know three people who already own one. So yes, the SS is available. The Z28 is not yet.

As for what Welburn said....here's the quote

"But the split-window is something that I expect for the next Corvette. With the back-up cameras and blind-spot detection systems that we have these days, the visibility issue is much less of a problem"

Doesn't sound definite to me. But maybe it will be in 2013 which would be 50 years after the 63 split window came out. Seems like a nice tribute. I'd like to see a definitive look for the ZR1 or the Z06 that would stand out more than what's available now. My Z had the FRC roofline...........sets it apart from a coupe. I think they missed the mark with the styling of the current Z series. Don't get me wrong, there are some great styling cues, but now those cues are also available on a Grand Sport without the motor.

So they really need to bump up their design for the next generation.

Edited by Rich

But maybe it will be in 2013 which would be 50 years after the 63 split window came out. Seems like a nice tribute.

It would actually be pretty neat if they did a C7 split window for just one year -- 2013 -- as a 50th anniversary tribute to the original. You can bet that would generate a LOT of press and people would snap them up like crazy. Good way to launch a new generation of Vettes. :2thumbs:

I just hope that's the only retro cue they new Vette takes on. I really think GM has done a nice job of pushing the Vette forward and keeping it modern. I'd hate to see them get all nostalgic and go retro with the styling.

I think the new Camaro is a down right ugly car and I'd hate to see them do that with the Vette.

It would actually be pretty neat if they did a C7 split window for just one year -- 2013 -- as a 50th anniversary tribute to the original. You can bet that would generate a LOT of press and people would snap them up like crazy. Good way to launch a new generation of Vettes. :2thumbs:

Not for me :willy:might be a classic for the 63 but didn't last long

Exactly, it is a classic cause it was only done for the one year. Add to it the fact that many of them were converted to a single window once the 64's came out, so there were only so many of them left. They should leave it at that.

But a limited number of them for a 50th year anniversary model probably would sell real good. And it is all about the sales numbers :thumbsup:

I love the idea of the blown Z28, but only if it comes with the more track oriented suspension that is rumored to be optional on future SS's and goes on a major diet to keep its weight the same or less than the SS (preferably a lot less, but that won't happen).

Can't say I like the idea of the split window at all. It eliminates rear view which will destroy sales to all the non-diehard vette people and I don't think they could pull the design off anyways. The 63 split window should remain the only split window production vette IMO.

OMG the guy in that video was KILLING me... He must be new to the video thing because his hands were all over the place and he was reading EVERYTHING he said...

A split window Vette would be bad ***... The Camaro really doesn't do it for me. The interior left me wanting WAY more than I expected. The Z-28 will be a bad a$$ road burner but not for me.

Chris

From what I've been reading, if/when they do the split window in 13, it will have a camera for rear viewing. I'm just getting excited to know that there's a possibility of the C7 coming out within 4 years! :2thumbs: