Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time detailing

nooner

Question

Here is a screen capture (from a video) of my car. I can't belive how many swirls I have on a brand new car (6 months old). I guess that goes to show you how much damage you can do with an unproper car washes. Thanks to Junkman I know better now.

swirl1.jpg

I couldn't get my camera to show any swirls at all, I wish my car was as nice as my camera made it look lol.

And I couldn't even get my bike swirls to show up even in a video form. I even tried using a 1 million candel power spotlight.

I got it all clayed today and tomorrow my PC arrives, so I will update with pics as I start to polish it.

EDIT

Keep the following in mind as you read my post and that I am trying to get my paint into 95% pristine condition.

This is a BLACK CAR so I know it will take way more time and effort than the avg car will to get it looking pristine. I know I could get a light colored car looking pristine with no problems, but as we know a black car shows minor swirls and scratches a bit better and therefor takes a slightly more skill to get it pristine. You could get it to look good or ever great pretty easily, but to get it looking pristine takes a slight bit of time and skill.

Edited by nooner

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The odd things happening are exactly why I am asking all the questions. I must be doing something different, and I am trying to find out what by all the post, and it has also made me slightly cautious, and obviously annoyed you, sorry that is not my intent. But I am pretty much done now, so I won't be bugging you anymore. Thanks again for the help.

You're not annoying me. The thing that I'm worried about is that you're probably scaring others who may be leery about trying this themselves. I go through a lot of trouble to show folks how easy paint correction is and most folks experience the same results that I get. However, someone reading one of your threads would think that this is rocket science when in fact, it is as easy as I make it look in my videos. All it takes is practice, viewing the videos and reading. I want to ensure those who never post and only read these threads that your situation is not the norm, but the exception.

Ouch, obviously I am a noob, as the thread is clearly labeled "first time detailing" no need to make me feel stupider than a 5 year old or 4 billion people.

LOL, he had to deal with me first. Two Noobs so close together:cheers: I'm actually glad you started to post here, now I know I am not alone. I also had never so much as waxed a car.

I think we should buy him dinner:2thumbs:

Edited by MitsukiGT

You're not annoying me. The thing that I'm worried about is that you're probably scaring others who may be leery about trying this themselves. I go through a lot of trouble to show folks how easy paint correction is and most folks experience the same results that I get. However, someone reading one of your threads would think that this is rocket science when in fact, it is as easy as I make it look in my videos. All it takes is practice, viewing the videos and reading. I want to ensure those who never post and only read these threads that your situation is not the norm, but the exception.

My fault, I never really looked at it that way. I looked at it as if you get the products and for some reason it isn't going like you thought, there is a great online community that is willing to help.

There might even be something wrong with my PC, I am going to have it personally inspected by Adam tomorrow at the show. How many people will get Mr. Maguires or Mr. Zaino to go to these lengths to insure they are satisfied? I think that shows how great not only show how great the product is, but the compan too and how much he is willing to stand behind his product.

If people are reading this and want to know, I think I could have done a light colored car the first time with no troubles at all (dispite minor dusting). The troubles came from me having a black car and wanting to to get a 95% results.

I don't want to mislead anyone, it is VERY easy, but there is a slight learning curve. It takes time to learn how the product works in, how much pressure to put on it and how to keep that pressure, and how fast to move the machine. Using the PC wrong is not going to damage your (colored) paint as you have shown in the videos. But it can do minor "damage" on your clear coat of paint (easily seen on darker cars). Its nothing that can't be eaisily fixed with another pass of the PC, but you don't want to mislead people and say that the first time you use the PC you will get 100% results on a black car, because IMO that is not true. Its a safe, great machine used with great products, so any joe can probly get a light colored car looking great and a dark car looking good do to the simplicity, but to get a dark car looking pristine takes some time and some learning.

I did my trunk first and did just like you did in your video and this is before the pad started dusting and I got great results I would say the 85% solution. I coulndn't believe how easy it was and how great it looked with such little know-how and effort.

And I couldn't believe how easy the tank on my bike was by hand and how great it looked after just 5 mins, I didn't know the shine could be so deep and wet looking!

If you can't tell, I am a very long winded person (in text) and I repeat myself a lot becuase I am not sure if I got the point across, so it is me, that is making this seem difficult, not the product.

If you like you can go back and delete my post that have dumb questions or whatever. I already edited my first post to reflect what I said above, hope that helps.

Edited by nooner

There's no need to delete post as there are no "dumb ones". There may be a few post that make this seem more complicated than it is but we've already covered that. Pretty much like the stuff you just posted. We've covered that in a bunch of threads already, which a lot of people read before trying anything.