Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl & Haze remover

694doorbird

Question

The video said not to remove the detail spray from claying before applying the SHR. Should I completely remove the Swirl and Haze Remover before applying the Revive Polish? And the same for removing the polish before applying the Buttery wax? This will be my practice vehicle before I do my wife's car.

17 answers to this question

The video said not to remove the detail spray from claying before applying the SHR.

I do remove it but that is just personal preference

Should I completely remove the Swirl and Haze Remover before applying the Revive Polish?

Yes, that way you can inspect your work to make sure you have the level of correction you are looking for.

And the same for removing the polish before applying the Buttery wax?

Yes, always remove ALL polishing residue before waxing. A nice wipe down with detail spray will also make the wax apply easier.

Excellent questions :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Looks like Bill has it covered. I wash the car after the clay bar because my last purple bar would leave a sandy texture on the finish. Like Bill said, you should wipe down the SHR to see the progress you've made. And you always want to start with the cleanest surface possible when applying the wax, the wax needs to bond to the paint and with polish residue on there it can't.:cheers::cheers:

Washing/wiping after claying also helps prevent any Detail Spray from drying and causing pink spots all over. The spots will come off, but it just adds an extra step.

What I do after claying is use my white drying towel to mop up all the Detail Spray. Add a tiny splash of bleach later on when you are washing the towel, and the pink stains come right out

Looks like Bill has it covered. I wash the car after the clay bar because my last purple bar would leave a sandy texture on the finish. Like Bill said, you should wipe down the SHR to see the progress you've made. And you always want to start with the cleanest surface possible when applying the wax, the wax needs to bond to the paint and with polish residue on there it can't.:cheers::cheers:

Bill always has it covered....:lol:

4 months old or not... I clicked to see what was discussed. But then again that's a noob for ya - just click on everything, all willy nilly, like I've never been on a forum before... LOL

Best way to learn :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Way to answer the man's question Rich. I belong to a BMW forum and instead of being helpful, the sharks are circling around a newbie. If you ask a question that has been previously asked they attack and tell you to learn to use the search feature. I am fairly new here and appreciate the fact that everyone here seems to have a sincere desire to help when you have a question, even if it has been asked many times. Great Forum.

Way to answer the man's question Rich. I belong to a BMW forum and instead of being helpful, the sharks are circling around a newbie. If you ask a question that has been previously asked they attack and tell you to learn to use the search feature. I am fairly new here and appreciate the fact that everyone here seems to have a sincere desire to help when you have a question, even if it has been asked many times. Great Forum.

:iagree::cheers:

:rockon: And i dont understand why people hate the same questions when someone is new and want to learn somethings