Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I have to clean the pad now?

MitsukiGT

Question

It started to rain on me while I was detailing the truck....which REALLY sucks as the weather channel show not a single spec of green:confused:

So anyway, I was able to work 2 sections before the rain. Now my pad it ready for slow cut, but its raining so I can't.

So how long can I wait before I have to clean the pad? Is it OK is the product gets dry? Could I just hit is with a little extra DS to make the product moist?

I am going up to Walmart and buying a cover for my car. I know this isn't really ideal, but I don't want to throw a weeks work out the window by letting it get wet. Weather has been crap and I'll never get my truck done with it raining almost every day. So I must move it into the garage. (BTW, I've drove my car about 15 minutes since I detailed it:))

So while I'm out I plan to get some lunch as well. So that mean the pad would probably be sitting 3 hours at least before I get to use it again. Must I clean it before use? If so that means I'm done for the day as those pads take forever to dry.

Thanks...going to get cover now

11 answers to this question

It took me about 5 mins to clean with some water and my hand just rubbing off all the caked on dry stuff. Then put it in a bucket or go outside and give it a whirle on 6 opm for 5 secs and it should get it 95% dry. The rest of the time let it airdry. If you wanted to speed it up you could use a blow dryer, but be very carefull to not let it get too hot, some blow dryers have a cool setting. Or an air compresser or hang it in front of a fan or something if you need to speed u pthe drying time.

But from the sounds of all the rain you got plenty of time to just air dry it.

Once it is dry then you can put it in a sandwhich bag, but just don't zip it shut, to allow any moisture to be able to escape.

Don't do this unless it is thoroughly dry! I did it with my white pad and it came out sorta green:(

Didn't take much moisture to do it.

You should leave them open . But it was my understanding that it was until he came back to it a a couple of hours later.

It took me about 5 mins to clean with some water and my hand just rubbing off all the caked on dry stuff. Then put it in a bucket or go outside and give it a whirle on 6 opm for 5 secs and it should get it 95% dry. The rest of the time let it airdry. If you wanted to speed it up you could use a blow dryer, but be very carefull to not let it get too hot, some blow dryers have a cool setting. Or an air compresser or hang it in front of a fan or something if you need to speed u pthe drying time.

But from the sounds of all the rain you got plenty of time to just air dry it.

Once it is dry then you can put it in a sandwhich bag, but just don't zip it shut, to allow any moisture to be able to escape.

DO NOT use a hair dryer to dry the pads! Let them air dry. OP, wash the pads out after you are done using them for the day or you will end up with product flaking all over the place like Nooner has.

DO NOT use a hair dryer to dry the pads! Let them air dry. OP, wash the pads out after you are done using them for the day or you will end up with product flaking all over the place like Nooner has.

now your just hating on me.... I said if the hair dryer has a cool setting, and I clean my pad every night.

Don't put the pads in plastic bags. If there is any residual moisture whatsoever left inside the pad, the bag will build up condensation and your pad will be musty, and possibly moldy in time. The only products I keep in ziploc bags are pads and towels that have never been used yet.

now your just hating on me.... I said if the hair dryer has a cool setting, and I clean my pad every night.

A hair dryer can cause the micro-holes in the pads to melt close and render the pad useless. As a self proclaimed noob, you should not give out that kind of advice until you know for a fact that it is a acceptable practice. You could cause someone else to experience unfavorable results and we all know how that would affect their opinion of our product. We don't mind you helping out but until you are more familiar with the product line, it would be better if you quoted one of the detail advisers or moderators as they are more familiar with the product line. That is not a slam, that is the way we look after our customers.

Don't put the pads in plastic bags. If there is any residual moisture whatsoever left inside the pad, the bag will build up condensation and your pad will be musty, and possibly moldy in time. The only products I keep in ziploc bags are pads and towels that have never been used yet.

:thumbsup: I read that before I got the PC. After they dry I leave them on a shelf face down on a clean towel. My ziploc is just for the baggy test.