Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax - Winter

DieselDude

Question

Opinions needed on this. I currently have two coats of Machine Super Wax (MSW) on my Daily Driver right now (car). What do you guys recommend to do for the winter? Give the car a coat of the Buttery Wax (BW) and then Americana Wax (Americana). The winters here are not too bad (temperature and snow wise). (December 08 - March 09 I only drove to work and back home in the snow three times).

The weather is not going to be too nice outside tomorrow (rain) and will have plenty of time to work on my car and time allows will do some detailing on my truck.

7 answers to this question

A couple of coats of the Machine Super Wax will work from what I have read on another post. If not go with the Americana wax, seeing that you are not in a real harsh climate. You will still have some days that will allow you to work on the car during the winter months.

Lucky for me I am in Florida and the car gets the same treatment year around.

I'd say you're in pretty good shape. That should last you through the winter. Just do the occasional wash and detail spray, and you can use the waterless car wash between washings.

Right now I am looking into a good cover for my car, it will be outside all winder. Really trying to get a carport, but the room I have available will make it kinda tricky. So I'll likely have to build one myself.

Right now I have MSW+Americana on the car. Can I put on more MSW over the Americana for winter? Or am I ok with what I have on it now?

Right now I am looking into a good cover for my car, it will be outside all winder. Really trying to get a carport, but the room I have available will make it kinda tricky. So I'll likely have to build one myself.

Right now I have MSW+Americana on the car. Can I put on more MSW over the Americana for winter? Or am I ok with what I have on it now?

MSW, especially when coated with some Americana will last quite a while. You should be fine. Mine lasted 5+ months in WA (rainy).

Gerry it has been on three weeks and four days.

You should be fine. If you top it off with a coat of Americana that would be awesome too!