Customer Service 866.965.0400

pad life

jpu471

Question

how many uses to the orange and white pads also should we ever use the yellow on our paint

after my first detail today with the orange constantly falling off the backing plate the white material ,where it used to say Adams, has ripped apart. the pad was always centered

9 answers to this question

if there is one thing i have learned from the Marine its stop and start on the surface. I think it is because of the curves and sides surfaces where the pad doesn't make the contact it does as on the horizontal so the pad is not as flat so it is not as balanced. also does the rotation of the pad slow down on the sides of the car or again is this part of that learning curve?

if there is one thing i have learned from the Marine its stop and start on the surface. I think it is because of the curves and sides surfaces where the pad doesn't make the contact it does as on the horizontal so the pad is not as flat so it is not as balanced. also does the rotation of the pad slow down on the sides of the car or again is this part of that learning curve?

The pad rotation slows down anytime that it faces friction. This is what makes the PC so safe for novice users. Humps in the hood or dips in the body panels will cause it to do the same thing.

As for your pad delamination, what speed are you using the PC at? I have never had one do this but I have an idea as to what can cause it. With the amount of use that I put my pads through, I can tell you first hand that you can do quite a few cars with them.

the cars finish was so poor that i used a 6. the other thing going against me was the sun heating up the surface and drying the polish too quickly. maybe somehow the pad was unbalanced or maybe i was. did my sons, remember Jonathan's (the computer kid,actually just turned 21) 2003 honda. anyhow i talked to steve at the warehouse who replaced the pad and like you had never seen anything like it. its good to be unique nice to hear from you