Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often to apply wax?

Jump1979man

Question

10 answers to this question

It depends on what kind of climate and driving conditions you have. If your car is left outside year round or is garaged. Lots of variables and no one answer.

If you have a harsh winter, then you definitely want to do a thorough detail and wax before winter to help protect your finish. Then do it again in the spring if it's your daily driver. You can do the plastic bag test first to see how much contaminant is on your car. Put a plastic baggie over your hand and run it over your cars paint. If it feels bumpy or grainy, then you need to clay and detail including wax. If not, then a good wash and wax will be enough. When was the last time you waxed your car? If it hasn't been waxed in the last year, then definitely do it! If it's only been 6 months, and is still beading when wet, then you can wait a bit, but I'd do it soon. I like to do my daily driver about 3 times a year.

I'm sure you'll get lots of different answers to this question. :cheers:

It depends on what kind of climate and driving conditions you have. If your car is left outside year round or is garaged. Lots of variables and no one answer.

If you have a harsh winter, then you definitely want to do a thorough detail and wax before winter to help protect your finish. Then do it again in the spring if it's your daily driver. You can do the plastic bag test first to see how much contaminant is on your car. Put a plastic baggie over your hand and run it over your cars paint. If it feels bumpy or grainy, then you need to clay and detail including wax. If not, then a good wash and wax will be enough. When was the last time you waxed your car? If it hasn't been waxed in the last year, then definitely do it! If it's only been 6 months, and is still beading when wet, then you can wait a bit, but I'd do it soon. I like to do my daily driver about 3 times a year.

I'm sure you'll get lots of different answers to this question. :cheers:

:2thumbs:

Again, the same answer applies. It depends on your driving conditions. If your car is left outside exposed to the elements, it's not going to last as long as a car only driven on sunny days and kept in the garage. It's a good wax though and should last you a few months at least. :2thumbs:

Buttery wax is still a great wax, even if it has kind of been outshadowed by Americana and MSW. I chose not to replace my stock with it after all my stuff got stolen.

I like how easy the Buttery wax goes on. I do plan on trying the Americana in the future. Maybe, when I do the Thunderbird in the spring.