Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do You Collect Anything?

70'sChevyGirl

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is one of those kicking around my dad's old garage. It originally had some gawd awful chemical in it. I know it worked, because I got it all over me when curiousity got the better of me.

Well if they ever want to get rid of it you know where to come.

I collect Mass transit passes/cards. It just kinda started as I travel more and more for work and found lots of times Mass transit is easier to get around and less stressful than a rental car plus you get to meet locals. Last count I think it was up to about 23.

The other thing I collect are vinyl records - love the sound so much better than CD.

I used to collect basketball cards... I have about 4 sets of complete season cards including rookies of Shaq and others. They're currently stored away in a safe environment waiting for the value to go sky high... I'll probably hand them down to Tanner some day when he takes a liking to sports.

Lately my 'vice' have been fitted baseball caps... I have an extremely large collection of new era caps, mostly Angels Baseball, but lots of designer and collectable ones as well. Some of the limited release ones can get pricey. As anyone whos come out to a clinic will confirm I'm almost always wearing a hat.

Thanks to Adam I also have a growing collection of vintage detailing tools, supplies, bottles, and magazine ads. I love the ads... funny some of the things that used to be claimed in these car wax ads.

Also after having some fun cruising around on some vintage bikes in Boulder with Adam and the gang a couple weeks ago I have the itch to start getting into that... but man do I need another OCD hobby? :willy:

I had not even thought of ball caps. I probably have three hundred. I don't do the fitted thing. With a noggin this size there is little hope of getting one that fits. So, I do uncommon hats. No sport teams, no famous logo stuff, like Nike etc, but small run hardly ever see hats. Lots of ship's ball caps from other navys, hats from small businesses, that kind of thing.

I am getting rid of some old vinyl LPs soon. What do you listen to?

I am all over the map - anywhere from Gaga to Keb' Mo' but tend to mostly listen to blues/jazz and classic rock. I have been scouring for a good quality DMB before these crowded streets for awhile now but I just can't justify spending $400, yet.

Edited by Michael415

Dylan,

If you are ever interested in some basketball cards, just let me know. I still have sealed wax boxes of Upper Deck with the Shaq trade cards. Somehow I doubt Upper Deck will be doing any of the trade in cards anymore. HA HA HA. My father and I did many many card shows in the Double Tree Hotel down the street from Angel Stadium. I to am waiting for the value of many of the cards I have to go sky high. I just keep telling myself that is one heck of a college tuition sitting there for my boys.

Scott (SSFOS)

I have a rather massive collection of Nike Air Jordan sneakers and other Nike sneakers. Had to basically stop, because they just take up too much space. Probably somewhere around 80 pairs.

I have a rather nice collection of ties and cuff links as well. Not an overwhelming amount, but I'm always adding. A NY congressman just gave me two sets of Congressional cuff links today!

Guess I fall into the Holligan catagory although I have bordered Ontario all my life. :jester:

My brother is Canadian. Well' date=' actually he has dual citizenship. :2thumbs:[/quote']

I've always known you were a hooligan ;)

Guess Dylan never heard of Hockeytown Teresa. ;)

Is that a city in Canada? Is that where they make maple syrup? :lol: