Customer Service 866.965.0400

Undercarriage Spray HELP

DieselDude

Question

This is what my liners look like after I sprayed the second time. I waited until it dried over 8 hours before respraying. So should I wipe them after I spray since they look like this? I sprayed them very lightly (did not use much UC spray on them). I used the mist instead of stream spray.

picture.php?albumid=239&pictureid=1482

22 answers to this question

Hi Everett, and thanks for the great photo! I love it when an issue is raised, including a nice clear photo of the finish in question. (Looks like a Dodge truck wheel well, am I correct?)

So, different plastics hold the Invisible Undercarriage Spray in different ways. This is easily fixed, and a quick swipe with a tire sponge, or detail sponge and a little VRT will make the finish even and perfect.

Let us know how that works out, and an, "after" photo would be fantastic!

Hi Everett, and thanks for the great photo! I love it when an issue is raised, including a nice clear photo of the finish in question. (Looks like a Dodge truck wheel well, am I correct?)

You are correct Adam. Now want to guess what it is 1500, 2500, or 3500?

So, different plastics hold the Invisible Undercarriage Spray in different ways. This is easily fixed, and a quick swipe with a tire sponge, or detail sponge and a little VRT will make the finish even and perfect.

Adam, I appreciate your help. Here is the after photo. I used one of the packing/shipping sponges that was in my order, since it is a wheel liner. The US that was sprayed on painted parts did perfect. I did not have any VRT or the sponges you said to use. This was a quick fix until I order those.

picture.php?albumid=239&pictureid=1483

I get better results with UCS when I wipe it after spraying. I found a great little item in the housewares section that I use. It's really a toilet bowl cleaner, but what it is is a long plastic handle with a flat round plastic disc at one end and the disc is covered with a furry pad that's held on with elastic. The handle is long enough and curved so I can reach all the way in the wheel wells. The pad is soft and spreads it evenly all over. And after I'm done, I just take the pad off to wash it. Just my 2c.

I always wipe with a non-fancy towel after using UCS. To minimize the running lines, keep the bottle moving as you spray. Don't hold it in one spot, spray, move it to a new spot, spray, etc. Spray as you move like in a sweeping motion. Think of it like painting a car.

Jason, it should come off pretty easily. I use the stuff in the garage and its gets on the cement floor, but it doesnt stick around very long. And the only real water that gets in there is the runoff of my truck after I wash it and dry it inside...

I get better results with UCS when I wipe it after spraying. I found a great little item in the housewares section that I use. It's really a toilet bowl cleaner, but what it is is a long plastic handle with a flat round plastic disc at one end and the disc is covered with a furry pad that's held on with elastic. The handle is long enough and curved so I can reach all the way in the wheel wells. The pad is soft and spreads it evenly all over. And after I'm done, I just take the pad off to wash it. Just my 2c.

Good tip Rich!:banana:

I guess 3500 without the training wheels. :lol:

You can use an applicator. I use an old cotton towel, because Undercarriage Spray can loosen additional dirt, if it's present. (It always is on my truck). The towel evens out the spray and leaves a uniform finish.

Edited by Nitelord

This is easily fixed, and a quick swipe with a tire sponge, or detail sponge and a little VRT will make the finish even and perfect.

Are you suggesting to use both UC Spray and VRT?

If so, what is the procedure?

Are you suggesting to use both UC Spray and VRT?

If so, what is the procedure?

Bump.

Has anyone used VRT for a wheel well dressing rather than the UC spray. I have a hard time judging durability and wondering if the VRT would be about just as durable.

Bump.

Has anyone used VRT for a wheel well dressing rather than the UC spray. I have a hard time judging durability and wondering if the VRT would be about just as durable.

I have used VRT for plastic wheel wells, and used UCS seems to work the same.

Everett,

My 11 year old son does my wheel wells. He loves doing them. He uses the old blue tire sponge like Adam mention. He sprays the tire sponge and then rubs it on. It's pretty funny becuase he lays on top of my 33" MT tires and all you see is his feet sticking out. He does a great job and now he is negotiating for a pay raise.

Your second picture looks awesome BTW.

Rob

Edited by OIF Vet

I've used both for wheel wells and I found that depending on the type of material in your wheel well, UCS will make them look much darker, almost jet black (or *invisible*)

I still find myself alternating between the 2 to see how the results differ from car to car.